A Wild Husky Has Appeared

Started by Dashthechinchilla, January 07, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashthechinchilla

I just need a sanity check, since I haven't seen it in B18 before. I got a wild husky to appear on my map in late fall, Boreal forest. The only mod I am running is Allow Tool (with Hugslib) though this is the first game I have used it on. It wasn't the event that spawns tame animals, it was just a single untamed version of a Husky that randomly spawned at the edge of the map. It is not one of my colony animals, I never had a husky on this map. I have also never seen an untamed version of any domestic animal appear before (Husky, Labrador, Yorkie, ect).

Not that I am complaining about a potential free husky.

niklas7737

Happened to me as well. Was wondering if it has always been possible too. ;D

Seems to be new in B18, but I can't tell you for sure.

Canute

It would be much more crazier if a tame thrumbo would arrive ! :-)
But your husky just lost his master previously and wander around, and now he think you are his master and request bowls of food from you ! :-)

Sinosauropteryx

This happened to me back in A16. Same biome, boreal. So I'm guessing it's part of the regular fauna. I remember it specifically because the husky in question was the same one I had sold to traders as a puppy. It wasn't the first time a sold animal had shown up later in the wild, but it was the first wild husky I'd seen.
Whole body          RimWorld addiction

Bozobub

I've seen this in A15, A16, and A17 as a rare event.  I can't say much about A18; the borked skill crossovers have kept me away (since I play only "vanilla").
Thanks, belgord!

Dashthechinchilla

I had a second appear after I posted. Of course, they both left the map when winter came. I am wondering what they eat, since I don't think huskies graze or hunt.

Bozobub

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on January 08, 2018, 08:06:04 AM
I had a second appear after I posted. Of course, they both left the map when winter came. I am wondering what they eat, since I don't think huskies graze or hunt.
I'm pretty sure I've seen wild dogs (of more than one type) hunt, actually.  But again, it's been a while.
Thanks, belgord!

Nameless

I've seen wild husky but rarely.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Bozobub on January 08, 2018, 12:40:55 AM
I've seen this in A15, A16, and A17 as a rare event.  I can't say much about A18; the borked skill crossovers have kept me away (since I play only "vanilla").

Borked skill crossover, what's that?

Walkaboutout

I'm curious about this too, like Harry. Borked skill crossovers?

I was about to get back into playing but this statement made me wonder if there's an ugly outstanding bug or something. I looked around the bug forums a bit and didn't see anything...

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Walkaboutout on January 09, 2018, 03:49:46 PM

I'm curious about this too, like Harry. Borked skill crossovers?

I was about to get back into playing but this statement made me wonder if there's an ugly outstanding bug or something. I looked around the bug forums a bit and didn't see anything...

Nah man, shit's outrageously awesome. Get in here.

Walkaboutout

Snafu_RW

Borked skill crossover, what's that?
I suspect OP means crafting/construction & medicine/intellectual for block & meds jobs respectively
Dom 8-)

Bozobub

Er...  I'm not the author of that quote, you know.  Nor was I OP.  But yes, that's what I meant, re: skills ;D.
Thanks, belgord!