[B18] Pesticides - "Take that blight!"

Started by StoneWolf, January 07, 2018, 08:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneWolf

Do you ever feel like your puppets colonists seem to have too little to do? Do you wish that there is something for your pawns to do on the fields other than sowing and harvesting? Have you ever wanted to turn your inhospitable tundra into a farmer's paradise?

If either of those apply to you, this mod is for you! This mod implements pesticides which can be applied onto your crops. It may be as healthy to drink as the flammable contents of the sacks on a boomrat, but take comfort in that the blight and other pests detest it even more!

Features
- A pesticide item which can be crafted at the drug lab, for 1 neutramine and herbal medicine to create 20 pesticide items, after the required research has been done.
   - When applied onto a plant (one pesticide per plant), prevents that plant from getting blight and increases the plant's growth rate by 40% (I may adjust this number if you all think it's to high)
- A new job (under growth in the work tab) consisting of the pawns walking around the fields applying pesticides onto the crops (should be compatible with plants added from mods)
- A button for the growing zones which lets you decide if pesticide should be applied on the field in question or not

Download
- zip file
- Steam

Compatability
There are no known incompatabilities as of yet, but if you happen to discover one please tell me and I'll add it to a list which I'll display it here.

Searching for someone artistically inclined!
While I can create mods, I've come to terms with that fact that my artistic skills are below average. Anyone more artistically gifted would therefore recieve my deepest thanks for a new pesticide texture.

Credits and Thanks

• StoneWolf - XML, art, coding, design etc
  • I thank the rest of this wonderful forum for all of the help that they have given me, knowlingly or not. In particular CannibarRechter and jamaicancastle for their help here on the forum. I would not have been able to create this without them!

License
This mod may be used at your discretion for private use. Modifications for public use are allowed, if my explicit permission has been given. The same goes for public modpacks. In both of those cases credit for my mod shall be given to me, the author.

Taking a peek at the code to draw inspiration for your own mods is not only allowed, but also encouraged.

Harry_Dicks

Let me be the first to tell you... HELL YEAH MAN! This mod looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out, with Pawns are Capable, my sheriffs are going to be busting ass getting a redneck whether they like it or not! What does it take to craft the pesticide at the drug lab, resource wise? How many plants does each pesticide cover? I'm curious about the resource cost per plant, or something like that. Also, does it only deter animals and blight? Does it act like a fertilizer in anyway, or does it have any other effects?

Thank you for your work. I'm hoping you will put out some more great little mods like this in the future, and if so I can't wait to see what you cook up next! ;D

EDIT: I just realized, I could probably make my prisoners work the fields - sow and use pesticide (because this is a new job under growing, right?) while my sheriff just watches over them with a shotgun. Chain gang style, woo-hoo!

StoneWolf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 07, 2018, 10:57:37 AM
Let me be the first to tell you... HELL YEAH MAN! This mod looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out, with Pawns are Capable, my sheriffs are going to be busting ass getting a redneck whether they like it or not! What does it take to craft the pesticide at the drug lab, resource wise? How many plants does each pesticide cover? I'm curious about the resource cost per plant, or something like that. Also, does it only deter animals and blight? Does it act like a fertilizer in anyway, or does it have any other effects?

Thank you for your work. I'm hoping you will put out some more great little mods like this in the future, and if so I can't wait to see what you cook up next! ;D

EDIT: I just realized, I could probably make my prisoners work the fields - sow and use pesticide (because this is a new job under growing, right?) while my sheriff just watches over them with a shotgun. Chain gang style, woo-hoo!

Thanks for your support, it is for guys like you that we modders go through the effort of making these mods for your benefit! ;)

Now when you ask me, I realise that I have not been very clear on those questions in my post. I'll uppdate the post with the answers you're looking for. And yes, applying pesticides is a job under growing so I don't see why your prisoners wouldn't be able to do it at least. If it does work, please send me a picture. It just sounds so intriguing!  ;D

While it does prevent the plants from getting blighted it does not prevent the plants from being eaten by roaming animals. A large pack of hungry muffalos can still ruin your day!

TryB4Buy

Can I request a 1.0 update to this nifty mod?