Does hopper orientation matter?

Started by Harry_Dicks, January 05, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Does it matter which way hoppers are facing on the nutrient paste dispenser? Is there a "correct" way that was intended?

Canute

Hans Lemurson

As far as I can tell it doesn't matter, but it does make me wonder, based on the graphic, which way IS the correct direction?  What does the graphic actually symbolize?  Which end does the food get shoved in?
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

khun_poo

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 05, 2018, 09:33:33 AM
Does it matter which way hoppers are facing on the nutrient paste dispenser? Is there a "correct" way that was intended?

Yes there is. The closed side of the u form has to face/ connect to the dispenser and the open side had to face away.

Easiest way to remember is to think about it as a funnel where you put things in the big open side
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 06, 2018, 01:48:18 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 05, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

Yes there is. The closed side of the u form has to face/ connect to the dispenser and the open side had to face away.

Easiest way to remember is to think about it as a funnel where you put things in the big open side

Thanks SpaceDorf, that's the answer I was looking for. I know you can put them on anyway, but I just wanted to know the correct way based on the art. I was figured the "open" side should face out, because I was also thinking about how the racks look, it just seemed more correct that way.

SpaceDorf

My pleasure.

I built them the wrong way so often, I needed that bridge to remember how to connect them correctly  ::)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Serenity

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on January 06, 2018, 07:05:44 AM
What does the graphic actually symbolize?
Look for "hopper machine" on Google image search

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Serenity on January 08, 2018, 02:12:14 PM
Quote from: Hans Lemurson on January 06, 2018, 07:05:44 AM
What does the graphic actually symbolize?
Look for "hopper machine" on Google image search
I know what a hopper looks like, I meant that it's not clear how one is viewing the hopper.  The graphic looks like you are looking at a hopper from the side, but Rimworld's perspective is top-down.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.