[1.0] Adjustable Temperature Conditions - v1.1.1 (13.11.18)

Started by nullpunkteins, November 08, 2018, 06:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullpunkteins

[1.0] Adjustable Temperature Conditions - v1.1.1

Description:
Like the title said. With this mod you get the possibility to adjust some of the conditions in the scenario editor. I added a new one "StrangeWeather", there you can set offsets of the max day/night and summer/winter temperature. Also perm flashstorm is now for the whole map possible, even with rain if you like. Image is self-explaining.

More information:

Thats an early build of my first mod. I have more ideas on editing conditions/incidents. May be to adjust repeatable condition-like incididents - if you want solar flare not the whole time but every summer or winter or flashstorm every night from 21:00 to 09:00 and so on. You may want this also for hard challenges.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this. May be you also have some other ideas.

The max day/night and the max summer/winter offset is additive, so +20 and +20 is +40 on summer daytime. And they are two sine curves with max on 15:00(day), 03:00(night) and 10th jugust(summer), 10th decembary(winter) - for 1 year period.

Should be compatible with any other mod. If there are any problems or bugs please let me know.

Author:
me

Download:
Download from Dropbox [v1.1.1]

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License:
- Can added to modpacks
- Can also made a derivative from
-> If you add credits

Changelog:
1.1.1 (13.11.18):
- Changed max/min temperature options

1.1 (09.11.18):
- Reworked year offset cycle
- Added proper display for celsius, fahrenheit and kelvin
- Added year offset period

Canute

nullpunkteins,
thanks for the mod, thats something many people asked for a long time.

But i suggest to look for external file hoster, since forum attachments get deleted after 2-3 months.

nullpunkteins

Quote from: Canute on November 09, 2018, 03:39:58 AM
nullpunkteins,
thanks for the mod, thats something many people asked for a long time.

But i suggest to look for external file hoster, since forum attachments get deleted after 2-3 months.

Yeah, i was looking for something like that too.
It's now on dropbox.
Also made some changes.

b_raven

My cries has been heard ^_^ Thank you very much! Also, consider upload it to steam workshop, it will be crazy popular i think.

Lex Silvas

Thanx for the mod. Just what i wanted.
One question is it possible to set to more/less than 50C or it will cause conflits with the game? I want them to freeze lol
XoXo

Canute

I allready played on biome's with perma. +-50°C beside that no visitor/caravan will ever visit your there shouldn't be any problems.

nullpunkteins

No, there are no conflicts with higher or lower temperatures besides no visitor or caravan.
It was only my personal opinion not to overdo the options. But i also came to the thought +50/-50C might be a bit too low.

I will raise the settings to 1000% for cold snap/heat wave (i.e. coldsnap is -20C, then its -200C). And for Strange Weather max +-200C too, if you want.

Lex Silvas

XoXo