Tales of Rimworld [On Hold]

Started by Ristelle, January 08, 2018, 07:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ristelle

Tales of Rimworld

The series where Lore and gameplay is mixed (Or hopefully it will be...)
Extremely influenced by Tales Series

Contents
1. List of "Episodes"
2. Format | Lore
3. Mod list
4. Thanks
Second "Page":
5. Introduction
6. Additional Information

Episode list
EP 0 [Also Known as: Before the Storm] [This is from discord when I'm prototyping the story and how it will play out.]
EP 1
EP 2 [SoonTM]

Formating | Lore
Episodic Releases are official releases that is usually denoted by a New blog by Milla Maxwell.
There are some other stuff that are formatted in code which is considered as teasers.

"How is this even possible?!" [lore and who does what]:
This is due to satellites

Forums     World        Blogs
  E <----> Relay <----> Ground

Estelle usually does the coding for the software. like the "blog" used by others.
Rita & Milla generally does the research.
The Rest all help out in other menial tasks.

High quality images from the Relay satellite.
Since it's quite magnified, there will be some distortion.

Mod List
Prepare you bodies everybody... Because its a LONG LIST.
ModSwitch
HugsLib
JecsTools
Misc Core & Robots
Robots++
RimBank & RimSilo
RT Fuse
MiningCo. AlertSpeaker
MiningCo. SpotlightTurret
MiningCo. Spaceship
Dubs Bad Hygiene
Centralized ClimateControl
Anti Auto Unload
Animal Feed Trough B18
DesignatorShapes
Rainbeau's Mods:
- Pawns are Capable!
- Editable Backstories
- Configurable Maps
- Basic Bridges
GeneticRim
Rimatomics
Vein Miner
Save Storage Settings
Dubs Rimkit
A Dog Said
EdB PrepareCarefully
Expanded Prosthetics & Organ Engineering (EPOE)
Vegetable Garden (All official add ons as well)
Weapon Storage
Trading Economy
SS Clocks master
Sparkling Worlds Full Mod
RuntimeGC
Project RimFactory
More Vanilla Turrets
Moody
Marvs Less Annoying UI Sounds
KK Animal Overhaul
Himkey's Embrasures
Harvest Everything!
Feed The Colonists
ED Safe Traps
SS Bigger Fuses A18
Tales Feature Pack (Custom Built Mod)
Recycle
QOL TweaksPack
Wild Animal [Censored!]
Rain Removes All Filth
Craftable Vanometric Cells
ProjectArmoury 20th Century
High Tech Laboratory Facilities
Rimmu-Nation Camping Stuff
Retro Joy
Portable Power Generator
Shotgun Frenzy's Mods:
- Buildable Ancient Objects
- 256X256 Texture packs (Both of them)
Mending
Power Switch
Latta's Door Mat
RePower (Custom Built Version)
Trading Spot
Change Dresser
Mending Change Dresser Patch
Nackblad IncRimhair
SS Bigger Batteries
Glass&Lights
Fences And Floors
static quality plus
Expanded Roofing
KF's ColonistBar
Storage Search
Industrial Rollers
ResearchPal

Special Thanks
Rimworld Discord (Listening to my ramblings first before I moved my story to the forums)
Various Artists: For their Wonderful music while I play Rimworld and do stuff.
Rita Mordio: Because This is a thing that I adore. [Nyaa!]  ;D
Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

Introduction

Outside of bustling Imperial Capital, Zaphias, Terca Lumireis:
    "Uh a bit to the left... no.. I mean a bit more... thats too much! Eurgh... Facepalms"

Directing the task of the Monumental project of constructing the world's 1st power plant was a 20 year old woman.
    Her hair short, unkept. Her Red clothes stuck out among the thousands of workers wearing grey clothes with yellow helmets.

"A bit down to the left.. yeah thats it.. make it continue downwards... No don't rotate that to the left!"
    "Rita!"
    "Eh? Estelle?! Why are you here?! and... Yuri?! Mind if you wait for me at my office? Thanks..."
    She sighed as the two took off to her office.
    "I shouldn't have given them construction entry passes... !!! no no no! not there! you will damage the-"

A large screeching sound emanated from the front as the two components of the turbine slided past each other.

"There goes another 5000000 Gald down the drain!" Facepalms "Alright! You four! Come here and see me!"

... [Few Minutes Later]

Rita: "You know Estelle it's dangerous without a helmet! I don't even have Blastia to help you with now."
    Estelle: "I'm sorry."
    "Hey, Just Relax on her. It's rare for the Queen of the Empire to be roaming about right?"
    Rita: "I suppose... Anyways, why did you come here?"
    "Well we brought this:"
    Estelle brings out a plan from her Bag and unrolls it. There's a stamp from the bottom left marks the seal from the Imperial.
    Rita: "So your telling me.. a Teleportation device powered partially from the fumes of spirits?"
    Estelle: "A great deal of research have been going around spirits and how they work. This project would boost the awareness how useful spirits are."
    Rita: "And your asking me to be in charge? I had enough of those screwballs outside because they keep screwing up every single bit of simple work."
    Yuri: "Won't happen. This project is funded privately by Brave Vesperia and the Consul has given approval as well... So the workforce will be smaller and more skilled."
    Rita: "Anything else I should know?"
    Yuri: "... Yeah about that. we also need you to sign a NDA-"
    Rita: "NDA?"
    Estelle: "I'm sure you've asked as well so i brought this along:"
    She pulls out a slip of paper:
    "A non-disclosure agreement (NDA),  is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material,
    knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties."

Rita: "So what's the things i can't talk about?"
    Yuri: "Basically anything about this project. Even this discussion is private."
    Rita: Eh... Alright... I agree by these terms.
    Yuri: "Alright then, just sign here at the big box there..."

Additional Infomation | Current Characters

Yuri Lowell:
    Height: 180cm
    Occupation: Brave Vesperia's "Boss" and personal guard of Estelle
Estelle:
    Height: 165cm
Karol Capel:
    Height: 135cm
Rita Mordio:
Raven:
Milla Maxwell:
    Height: 165cm
Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

EP 0 pt 0. [Before the darude Sandstorm]

Rita Mordio Logs [3rd/Jan/2018]

Well I think I've finished up the latest Project! A teleportation device. Now all is left is to test it... which might prove difficult... I'll ask 3: Yuri, Estelle and Karol to Give it a try as well... though I will need some convincing from them...

Some last minute checks... Oh Yuri,Estelle and Karol are here!

End of Data Segement

New Image from Satellite

Finished BackGround Process [Installing QualtumCom V1.0.0 on Remote Satellite]
Switching Procotcol... [OK]
Requesting Snapshot... [DONE]
New Image from Satellite

Running Background Install: QtP
ETA Installation: 5 hours
New Data from Satellite... [Displaying]
New Image from Satellite

WARNING: No Encryption
WARNING: Data Degradation detected

H-Hello? Can anyone hear me? Ah well.
There seems to be a satellite orbiting this planet... I will try and attempt to-%"wy*>n_LT_>《_x0:nYnd_Tnk(AEJG

DATA SIGNAL LOST

Data Transmission from ground
Encryption: AES-1 (WEAK)
Data degradation found, Redundancy Data found.

- Rita's Log [5th of Golem] -
Well, Looks like I managed to get into the system... let me check how much disk space it has...
Oh, nice! About 5TB of data storage... and another satellite connected to it!
Well, I probably should head to bed now... Its currently around 23hrs My Time. Ah, screw it.
Today we finished up most of the work around our base, the Guys and Estelle have been pushing for me to finish up researching microelectronics, Which has been done without etching acid usually used to make them.
Speaking of electronics, Our new power network. Though I wish we had some solar panels, with the size of our electric network, it will do just finely on 2 wind turbines. It is VERY stable. Redundancies such as five Transformer Sized batteries that are shielded from rain, made it quite redundant.
Beavers popped up not long ago and We exterminated them to the last beaver. Estelle was also glad that only some of the trees were destroyed which left us with plenty of room to wiggle in terms of wood.
However, We are quite low on components. around only 10 pieces were left.
    Scouting Section:
    - Our initial scouting around the area reveals that we are quite close to a Road... or the remnants of it. Resources are not half bad but can be better. The animals are wild ones that are similar to those near towns like Halure.

I just noticed we have a terminal here on the satellite as well... let's see what flavor is it...

> cat /etc/lsb_release
no command named "cat"

Well, its not Linux... don't tell me its...
> systeminfo
[...] Click to see more

Well... it isn't half as bad, Windows. I can live with it.
Alright, i better head to bed soon...
Before I go, If you're reading my logs... well feel free to do so. I'll probably do infrequent text updates. The Sat has a high-resolution camera which I will use to take pictures and save it to the drive. My Log file months comes in 4 seasons:
Gnome(I typed there Golem by accident.)[Spring]
Efreet(Summer)
Sylph(Fall)
Undine(Winter)
- That's all you need to know about my month formats. Good night! -

End of Log
Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

EP 0 pt.1 [Before the Storm]

[Rita's Log] [7th Undine (Year Unknown)]

Well it's been about a full year.
Not much has happened, we are still low on components...
Most of us are taking the back burner while I continue to work away at getting new machinery developed.
A few weeks back we had a new comer called Steven...
Estelle Really hates him, this can be said the same for me as well for him.
Starting to feel like he is Actually Raven, but i can't be for sure.

Our Power Situation remains the same from the last update I did, we added some solar panels to boost redundancy.
New lights are also going into place. which will help with me for those long nights of Research.
I'll continue working on finish up my research. In the mean time, enjoy this photo.

End of Log

[Estelle] [8th Undine (Year Unknown)]
Rita showed me this cool app she developed for this log system on the satellite which enabled me to type things in. So I might as well give it a try...
I will be mainly discussing about the colony happenings while she focuses more on research.

Firstly, we (Well Yuri and I) prototyped a new room which will be much larger then the ones we live in currently.

As of now, Yuri noted the rooms are a bit small, so in the draft we expanded it by a bit more. giving a total size of 150 square metres.
We are doing to final touches to the bathroom and then Karol will move in and give some feedback on it.
To be honest, we have way too much rice! around 2000KG of rice just left refrigerated in our storeroom. and enough meals to feeds us for a few days :P
I Will end of today's log with a quote from Karol:
"P-Prepare to die eggbear!"

End of Log
Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

EP 0 pt.3 [Before the Storm]

[Rita's Log] [9th Undine (Year Unknown)]

Whew.. this took a while... But I finally finished drafting new Machinery plans... Gotta ask Yuri what's our next plan of action,
He would probably Micro-electronics since we do need to get trading capabilities up quickly.
But I'm however, getting annoyed at the state of the rooms.. specifically the public toilet, Looking into how to make Carpets would be nice.
I'm still surprised there's cellphone reception here... However, it isnt strong enough for playing games but good enough to upload these kinds of logs.
Ah! there is Yuri. I'll Ask him about what's our next plan.

Well I'm back. He asked me to do Soil Reclamation which i understand why he (or us...) wanted it so badly.
The marsh soil isn't great for building buildings... and it really gets in the way.
I gotta go back to work. TBH, I don't mind them giving me all the orders,
I actually enjoy working on researching new projects. It's been a while since I have that kind of enjoyment. :D

End of Log

[Yuri's Log] [11th Undine]
Hmm... Well this is my technically my first log, after Estelle and Rita pestered me into doing it.
We did have a slight incident with Karol With a Panther. He's currently Resting up after Estelle Treated his wounds.
Well, Think that's it for today. Rita's hard at work with the Soil Reclamation project that I asked about.

End of Log

[Yuri's Log] [13th Undine]

Well we had another Incident again...
Incident Report: 001
Title: Short-circuit fire in the Main Room
Timeline:
11:00: A bang was heard. Karol went to investigate.
11:00: Alarn Raised
11:00: Firefighting in progress.
11:10: Temperatures seared to over 400 Degrees C. Rita, Estelle and Steven was caught in room, causing them to have First-Degree burns.
11:15: Fire is effectively put out. Rita, Estelle and Steven are currently resting in our wards.
Others:
- Fire Caused by Short-Circuit also drained 4000Wd of power from our banks.
Mitigations:
- From now on, any exposed Wires will be moved underground. This will help Short circuits when rain is exposed on them.
- After Micro-electronics, we will look into Fuses to help prevent further discharge.
That's wraps up Today's Incident Report.

End of Report
Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

EP 0 pt.4 [Before the Storm]

[Karol's Log] [I forget the Days again Gnome]
Just got word from Yuri that we rescued yet another to our cause. She sounds quite familiar as well. Milla Maxwell... I swore i heard that name before.
They (Rita and Yuri) also mentioned that they need someone to help them resupply. Told over the phone they could just set up camp to gather supplies and just continue trudging along.
Anyways with the arrival of a newcomer, work has picked up. We are currently rushing to get all our new houses (or at least 1) ready when she arrives.
I think I'll wrap up this log entry and head for the night.

End of Log

[Estelle's Log] [3rd Efreet]
Aww they are so adorable! Well I mean't the chickens anyways. A group of them wandered into our colony a few days back,
we are currently building shelter for them as they could be great for their meat! Well, just don't ask me into doing the butchering.
Milla is helping us a great lot by doing Research in tandem with Rita. I should say they do make a perfect pair when they do their research together.
Ideas fire off like sparks from a flame and new innovations are formed as fast as wildfires!
I just got word that micro-electronics research is done! Yay!

End of Log

[Rita's Log] [2nd Sylph]
Well. It's been a while... about 1 and a half years after we got stranded here.
Not much to report. Though we had 1 man suicidal run from "The Komodo Men".
We finally got around to planning some base defenses.
I'm certainly excited for the new research laboratory!
Milla and I will finally have a proper working environment to work in!
With things are as now. we are pretty much tied up with the lack of manpower. so for new research has been halted.
End of Log

[Important Announcement to Brave Vesperia] [7th Sylph]
Rita Has been teaching me how to code... so I decided to give back as well.
Blogging! Yes its now a thing.. I hope there aren't much bugs left that I haven't fixed. But it's easy to use!
Memebers here's how you blog:
1. Create an Account
2. Click the Blue Pen at the bottom right.
3. Write away!
You may also comment on others.
Click their blog post and scroll all the way down to find a text box which you can enter your comments.
You may also add Attachments and it will also be saved as well!
It's much easier than Writing "--- [Blah blah] [Date season] ---".

Any issues like Resetting passwords, please contact me instead of Rita... I don't want anyone to trouble her. XD

End of Log

Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

EP 0 pt.5 [Before the Storm]

NEW BLOG!
Title: Hello World!
User: Rita Mordio [GeniusMage]
Time: 7th Sylph [22:37pm]

Well here we are! on a new platform! Thanks to Estelle for most of the coding work.
She did a fine job at dong the interface, its modern and sleek which I like!
There are also Theming options?!
Well I didn't teach her about PyQt Theming but well this is really a fantastic job she did here!
Ohh Attachments! These looks nice... and I also can access the satellite camera function?! HECK YEAH!
I should get back to work. but great job Estelle!

NEW BLOG!
Title: Tales of Brave Vesperia [Episode 0]
User: Milla [MillaMaxwell]
Time: 11th Sylph [10:00am]

Alright Today marks the first blog of Tales of Brave Vesperia.
Your quarterly ramblings in the colony!

News:
- Cooling System!
    Yes we finally got a colling system! Yuri and His waifu agree on the temperature of 25 Degrees which is a perfect temperature!
    Everyone seems to enjoy the new blast of cool air after their hard day outside with sweltering temperatures of a whooping 49C outside which could melt anyone outside!
    Be sure to wear your Yukata's everyone!
- Renewed Farms!
    We got a new rice farm together! the old one is just too small and isnt cutting it. now it has a proper fencing around it with paths!
Shoutouts:
- Estelle
    For making this even possible! the old log format is just very hard to type stuff in. Estelle simplified the creation of new "logs" with the blog system. Thanks!
- Yuri
    For all his hard work. He is certainly the boss of our band!
That's all for Today! See you all in a few weeks!

NEW BLOG!
Title: Tales of Brave Vesperia [Episode 1]
Time: 13th Undine [00:00am]

Well! It's Time for another Quarterly Report!
News:
- Trading Agreements
    We got a few trading deal signed up so it will hopefully resupply us with products that we need
    - MUTTON FRESH FREAKING MUTTON EMPORIUM
        ... and yes that's their name. I wonder who thought of it...
    - The Dark Wings.
        Well we were going to look at walkblem's Military supply but their prices are too high even after discounts.
        They specialize in dealing with guns and weapons.
    - Natalia's General Goods.
        Or NGG for short. A small company but they are very passionate with small colonies.
    - Magilou's Managery.
        Sells entertainment goods, Final Fantasy X OST's and especially KH memes... not sure what's that even.
Events:
- Short circuit
    We had a short circuit incident again for the 2nd time in the whole year and as usual, drained all the batteries in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
    I'm managing to type this on my GHS but we do need fuses to prevent those. I wonder why they haven't installed them yet.

A Reminder: Ristelle is not responsible for any of the links you have clicked. Your mileage may vary!

NEW BLOG!
Title: Blog Update
User: Rita Mordio [GeniusMage]
Time: 2nd Gnome 5502 [00:00am]

Well first patch! This one introduces a very very minor thing. the current year!
besides that, happy blogging!

NEW BLOG!
Title: Tales of Brave Vesperia [Episode 1]
Time: 13th Undine 5502 [15:05pm]

Should have been at work with research but here I am typing this... welp.

News Flashes!:
    - Solar Panels! On. roofs!
        Yep solar panels! We are struggling with power lately. so roof solar panels have been requested.
    - MOAR Research
        Mending technologies! so we can repair our worn clothes!
        Automation! Wished i could tell you more but Rita did most of that research and i don't have the specifics.
    - Random Raid!
        Another kamikaze pissed and angry attacker decided to attack us. Raven one shotted him. All that hunting has finally paid off!
    - Mad Animals!
        This time was a key monk from the north that decided to attack us... Raven dealt with it very quickly.

Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

Tales of Brave Vesperia [Real Episode 1]
Time: 2nd Efreet 5502
Well... here I am, in the hospital bed... writing this new report... anyways! on to the events!

News:
    - Mad Alpaca Attack!
     This is the primary reason why I'm in bed with Raven beside me as well. Damn you alpacas!
    - "Tailoring Room"
     A room where tailoring takes place. There are some suggestions on how it will be automated, but for now, it's done manually.
    - New Wander Joins!
     New guy called us and joined our colony. Appear to be Stahn from tales of-
       Wait.. what is it yuri? Oh can't break the fourth wall? ... Okay then...
    - Sewage Treatment!
     Something interesting for those hygiene freaks concerned about dumping all our waste into the small pond.
    - Automated harvesting!
     Well the harvesting is done manualy but the hauling is now automatic! Next up, Automated cooking!

That's all for today! See you next time!

Tidal Wave!

Ristelle

Notice! PSA
Time: 13/1/2018 [4:23PM]

Well it has come to this, I will be putting this project on hold.
Reasons being the save file has bloated to a size that I can't run rimworld at 2x speed acceleration.
As much as I would like to continue, the fact that Rimworld isn't optimised and there isn't a 64-bit Rimworld On Windows made me stop playing this story.
(I know there's Linux 64-bit but I'm not installing another OS just to play Rimworld :P)

For now, this story is on hold.
I WILL be continuing when conditions improve.

Enough Rambling... Here's the last picture
Tidal Wave!