[Mod request]Control over world/map temperature

Started by M00nStalker, January 08, 2018, 09:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M00nStalker

In A17 there was (or rather is, it's available on the workshop) a mod that's called Cold Desert Nights by Taryn Winterblade that allows you to control world/map temperature settings. You can increase or decrease the temperature for a particular biome's night and day, change the temperature gradient etc.

I very much miss this mod in B18 as I loved playing a very warm/very cold biome depending on the current season.
This is an aspect of rimworld customization that seem lacking in the currently available B 18 mods. I would be very happy to see a rewrite (or even a straight update, if licenses allow) of the mod or a similar mod.

Ps: I'm aware of the option in the vanilla game with regards to the overall temperature. That's not what I'm after, just to clarify.

EDIT: The author of the mod has announced that he has little time to update the mod in the foreseeable future and that it is under the MIT license.

Harry_Dicks

This actually sounds really, really great. I want to do a tundra game with either 10 or 20 day grow cycle only, but be extremely freaking cold during winter. Problem is, in vanilla I can't get the crazy cold winters without going into permanent winter (or whatever it is called, with 0 growing cycle.) This would be great if like you said you could control the temps for parts of the day as well. I would like if I could have a mild day and pretty cold night in summer, and different settings for day/night for different parts of the year. That sounds wonderful!

Maybe someday, somehow, a savior will come along!

M00nStalker

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 07:02:01 AM
This actually sounds really, really great. I want to do a tundra game with either 10 or 20 day grow cycle only, but be extremely freaking cold during winter. Problem is, in vanilla I can't get the crazy cold winters without going into permanent winter (or whatever it is called, with 0 growing cycle.) This would be great if like you said you could control the temps for parts of the day as well. I would like if I could have a mild day and pretty cold night in summer, and different settings for day/night for different parts of the year. That sounds wonderful!

Maybe someday, somehow, a savior will come along!
You can do all that with cold desert night and even more. You can, on the fly, change the temperature,  make it rain constantly, turn off rain (or any other weather), change the weight of weather, make extremely cold summers or warm winters.

Which is why I miss this mod so much in B18, it is a fantastic tool for setting up a challenge or just exactly the kind of game you want. So I really hope someone is able to make an update.