[B18] Realistic Vanilla Weapons

Started by WhosVenom2, January 09, 2018, 01:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhosVenom2

Realistic Vanilla Weapons

I've changed every gun to be more close to their IRL counterparts.
Balancing will be hard, but still attempted while still staying close to their IRL counterparts.

Changes (as far as i can remember):
Revolver (Colt Python): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 4 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 6 shots, changed range to 68 (metres, but could be tiles, i have no clue how big is a map tile)

Autopistol (1911): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 2 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 7 shots, changed range to 50 (metres or tiles)

Pump Shotgun (Remington Model 870): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 4 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 4 shots, changed range to 30 (metres or tiles)

Chain shotgun: Not changed (no clue what it's IRL counterpart is)

Bolt Action Rifle (Lee-Enfield): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 3.16 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 10 shots, changed range to 2743 (metres or tiles)

Machine Pistol (MP7): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 2 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 30 shots, changed range to 200 (metres or tiles)

Heavy SMG (TEC-9): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 0.9 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 32 shots, changed range to 50 (metres or tiles)

LMG (RP-46): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 1.58 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 60 shots, changed range to 25.9 (metres or tiles) (Halved from irl range)

Assault Rifle (M4A1): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 1.5 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 30 shots, changed range to 500 (metres or tiles)

Sniper Rifle (M40, closest gun to it): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 4 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 10 shots, changed range to 800 (metres or tiles)

Minigun (M134): Changed warmup time (Reloading) to 7 seconds, changed the burst shot count (Magazine) to 500 shots, changed range to 100 (metres or tiles) and changed move speed from -0.25 to -0.50

Suggestions are always appreciated.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/38039te5mhcjy2x/RVW%20%5BB18%5D.zip?dl=0

Sam Gray

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the chain shotgun's IRL counterpart is the Saiga-12k.

SpaceDorf

That thing exists .. cool.

I always thought about the Jackhammer when thinking of the chain shotgun

Also the range of the Enfield is ridiculous compared to the M4 Sniper Rifle, especially when I think the Rimworld Sniper Rifle should be a little bit better than this old thing ..

You fell in the trap between effective firing range ( the distance a decent shot is able to hit a target with the weapon )
and the maximum firing range ( thats how far a bullet flies )

Lee-Enfield
Effective firing range    550 yd (503 m)[2]
Maximum firing range    3,000 yd (2,743 m)[2]
Muzzle velocity    744 m/s (2,441 ft/s)

M40
Effective firing range    800 meters ( 950m and more as stated by usmc homepage )
Muzzle velocity    777 m/s (2,550 ft/s) (w/175 gr. M118LR)

Sadly I can't find the maximum range of the m40 but the maximum range of other 7.62 Nato Rifles is about 3500 metres

so either lower the distance of the enfield, or rise the distance of the m40 and m4

Also check if the distance steps of your weapons work as you intended, because I think the steps are hardcoded
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.