Colonists being able to do some things while drafted

Started by The Man with No Name, January 10, 2018, 07:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man with No Name

It would be good if colonists could do some things while drafted.

Fixing a door, for example, as colonists will often open the door immediately after completion of the repair, as they have to be in auto/undrafted mode to do this, whereupon they are eaten by manhunting cobras.

Maybe hauling specified items, too. I don't see why one shouldn't be able to tell a drafted colonist to haul something and then have them wait when they've arrived at their destination, rather than them then automatically go off and do other things.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: The Man with No Name on January 10, 2018, 07:22:58 PM
It would be good if colonists could do some things while drafted.

Fixing a door, for example, as colonists will often open the door immediately after completion of the repair, as they have to be in auto/undrafted mode to do this, whereupon they are eaten by manhunting cobras.

Maybe hauling specified items, too. I don't see why one shouldn't be able to tell a drafted colonist to haul something and then have them wait when they've arrived at their destination, rather than them then automatically go off and do other things.

I think what would be a better suggestion, is if when you shift-rightclick a spot on the ground, you have the option to queue moving there, or queue drafting to here. So you can finish whatever task you are already doing. Otherwise what's the point of working while drafted? You just have to micro a little bit, no?

SpaceDorf

Deconstruction of walls when being drafted would be nice when opening ancient dangers
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 14, 2018, 04:09:40 PM
Deconstruction of walls when being drafted would be nice when opening ancient dangers

That is actually a great idea, because I remember sometimes I did want my pawns to move around some sandbags to setup properly before we shot at a poison ship that just landed. Deconstruct/build walls? Or is that just hauling if you can reinstall something?