One man's failure to run led to the switft downfall of my entire colony

Started by Cyberknight, January 10, 2018, 09:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberknight

This happened a few minutes ago, and I'm still salty about it. Made an account here just for the sake of sharing this story.

Colony population: 4 colonists, 4 prisoners

Colonists:
1 decent marksman with the bolt action rifle
1 decent melee pawn with a plasteel knife
1 Non-Violent
1 Below average pawn with the pistol

Story:
I mark a muffalo for hunting, and the pistol guy attempts the job.
The muffalo doesn't enjoy being shot, so him and the entire group of around 7 muffalo charge after him.
He retreats to my sandbag line, and I get my other 2 combat pawns to prepare a defence.
Everything's going well, until the guy being chased has a mental break (hide in room), and stops dead in his tracks, allowing him to be thrown under the wheels of the bison rape train, downing, but not killing him.

My marksman begins the tactic of falling back, and stopping about every 10 tiles to fire, while the melee pawn goes out to rescue the pistoleer. The melee guy returns the pistoleer to the infirmary successfully, but my marksman fails to fall back from the muffalo, and gets caught by the rape train, with the same results as the first guy.

The buffalo scatter around our base, and I send my pacifist to go rescue the downed marksman.
She makes it, but decides to go back to the base by heading directly towards the charging muffalo.

Now I've got 1 melee guy with a knife, my only 2 doctors trapped outside, and my pistol dude now has an infection.
Then I rage quit.

A message to the following pawns:
Jaden Ittanenn
Harald Naess
Sam Gerador

All 3 of you are incompetent retards, and I will put you in front of a firing squad if I see you in any of my future colonies.

fin

Hans Lemurson

Angry Muffalo herds are dangerous if you don't have a lot of firepower.  It's tempting to try to shoot them, but you're better off hiding indoors with your best constructor repairing the door as the Muffalo repeatedly ram it.  Eventually they will get bored and go away.  The trampled colonist locked outside will still die of infection though, but Manhunters usually calm down before you starve to death.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.