making shields some defs that i dont understand

Started by omatkoicorko, January 11, 2018, 05:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omatkoicorko

hi,

i want to make medieval shields with functions like parry or deflection. as far as i know deflection is possible thanks to JT, but i have problem to understand it without tutorials or sth... also i have found def stat liek       <MeleeParryChance>1.0</MeleeParryChance> researching "combat extended, but this is also a problematic thing for me, maybe you know how to start with this?

rest like creating apparel is quite easy

BrokenValkyrie

For understanding combat extended you'll need to code dive. They have github, and you go here
https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/blob/363247e7a14156cd3d0bcb5bf4c1c306f32660c8/Source/CombatExtended/CombatExtended/Verbs/Verb_MeleeAttackCE.cs
you'll find the code responsible for handling MeleeParryChance . Look  up the usage of GetParryChanceAgainst . Line 124-180 for the parry handling. Line 529-537 for retrieval of MeleeParryChance. Codes may update and line number may shift.

CE has a lot of custom stats that comes into play for MeleeParryChance . The gist of it is, it first compares the attacker offense and defender defense and gets the parry chance value. If the defender can parry, this parry chance is fed into random calculator.

If parry chance is successful it then calculate the chance its being blocked by a shield if the defender has one. If shield block is successful, shield will be used for parrying. If not the defender primary equipment will be used for parrying. If defender unarmed, they themselves are the parry tool

Once parry tool determined, it calculate crit chance. If crit is successful it will riposte, other wise standard parry is performed.

I didn't include all the checks, and I'm not sure if CE team approve posting part of their code here.

Edit*
I keep doing double take on your question, are you trying to to make shield using combat extended? Or are you trying to make your own parry function?

Vlad0mi3r

Any word on how this is going I am keen to get some shield action happening?
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Alterhugo

Any update on the medieval shields?, I have lurked several posts and they are all dead just as the medieval shields mod that indeed existed for b14 by Skullywag however it is a topic that users keep requesting and inquiring about.