Insects attacking colonists because of weather conditions

Started by Madman666, January 14, 2018, 09:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

As the title states - insects that spawn on maps with caves rush your colonists as a result of some extreme weather conditions. Cold snap bringing temperature down to -21 was enough to destroy a hive (apparently they get damaged by extremely low\high temperatures now), so insects rushed my people. Since I didn't get any warning other that colonists needing treatment, when I knew I was under attack, it was too late, because insects were already in melee range. I really hope this thing gets fixed.

Its one thing to make them aggro\manhunt when colonists\raiders\guests attack them and another thing completely, when you get not only extreme weather surprise, but also a self-provoked all out insect attack.

Vuelhering

I can verify this happens, but not positive it is unintended. It makes cold snaps more dangerous in mountain/cave areas.

Madman666

Quote from: Vuelhering on January 15, 2018, 09:30:45 PM
I can verify this happens, but not positive it is unintended. It makes cold snaps more dangerous in mountain/cave areas.

If its intended so that Insects think everything that hurts them or their hives either way is related to the colony - thats a load of BS and need revising.

Vuelhering

Yeah, I definitely see your point. I'm curious if the "source" of attacks on hives is considered, and if this is intentional or not. It seems like a side-effect, so I'm not disagreeing with you, but rather, I'm wondering if they said "oh, this is a cool side-effect, let's leave it in."

marten

I saw this happing to from cold. But also when raiders attacked them. Luckily there hive was on the other side of the map. And when they were halfway to my base they lost interest. And whet back to there cave.

Calahan

Tynan has confirmed this is a bug. So expect a fix for the next release (which will be v.1.0).

Quote from: Tynan on November 25, 2017, 08:30:56 AM
Insect behavior in the cold has bugs, we're fixing it.
I'll close this now since it is a known (and likely already fixed) issue. Thanks for reporting it though.