Information about clothing makes creating outfits difficult

Started by Harry_Dicks, January 15, 2018, 09:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

The way clothing works with the skin/middle/shell isn't bad and I actually like it a lot. I just wish the regular information window would tell you what layer the piece of clothing you are looking at will use. A couple of days ago I was doing some test runs, and I had maybe 5 apparel mods, but I had I think 3 different version of overalls. I knew one of them was the best, because of what combination of clothes I had plans for the layers and slots, but the player has virtually zero clue as to what layer a lot of things will go into. If you have just two of the most common clothing mods, Apparello and FashionRIMsta, you already are going to have essentially tens of thousands of possible combinations of different pieces of clothing that you are having to use the process of elimination to find out what is the best to go with what. Start adding in 3 or 4 pieces of apparel, or some apparel like overalls that takes up multiple slots, and you can find yourself immediately completely overwhelmed with so many choices hindered by hidden information.

I think it would be great if somehow in the information window it could tell or show you what layers each piece of apparel is. Yes it might be kind of obvious for the vanilla gear, but not for many things when you get mods thrown into there.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SpaceDorf

Awesome suggestion.

In addition to that it would be great if the info screen for items showed All there is to know about an item and not only parts of it.

Movement modifiers for example.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 17, 2018, 07:25:53 AM
Awesome suggestion.

In addition to that it would be great if the info screen for items showed All there is to know about an item and not only parts of it.

Movement modifiers for example.

Exactly. Last night I cut all my apparel mods down to only FashionRIMsta. I like that each piece feels very unique visually, too. Perfect worker outfits to go with Change Dresser. I asked Kiame recently if he would consider automatic outfit changes based upon time of the day, and he said he would consider it. Perfect for having my guys be in their hardhats, construction vests, gardening vests, and scrubs during their shift. Then when it's time to socialize, have supper and a sermon, they will already all be in their cultist gear ;)

Last night, I also went through all of the items in FashionRIMsta, and edited their descriptions for myself to make things a lot easier, but they all look like this this:

<label>cargo shorts</label>
<description>Shell
Legs
+10% Work Speed
+5% Move Speed
+15 Heat Insulation
</description>

Or like this:

<defName>Apparel_FSChefJacket</defName>
<description>Shell
Torso, Shoulders, Arms
+30% Cooking Speed
-5% Food Poison Chance
+20% Brewing Speed
+20% Butchery Speed
</description>
<label>chef jacket</label>

Also, thank you Tynan for actually looking over the suggestions page. I'm sure you could easily get swamped with hundreds everyday. You really are one of the good ones, and you are making fans for a lifetime.

patoka

QuoteAlso, thank you Tynan for actually looking over the suggestions page. I'm sure you could easily get swamped with hundreds everyday. You really are one of the good ones, and you are making fans for a lifetime.
just came here to repeat this. i am incredibly uninterested in all kinds of fashion and skins in rimworld, other games and real life, but to see tynan spend some time on such an unimportant (imo) part of his game while he probably has so many other things to do...mane...u da reel mvp.
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?