Name Rejected, What Should I change?

Started by maxsmo, January 14, 2018, 05:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxsmo

So when I purchased this game I bought the name in game pack to further support the development however when I used my real name and nickname it was denied with the message: "No names of public figures or celebrities, or known fictional characters or anything else copyrighted. Internet handles cannot be used either." I don't think my real name, Max Smolic, or the nickname my friends gave me, Shmo, sounds fictional or like an internet handle and I don't think anyone famous shares a name with me. Should I not include my nickname? I made this post because I want to see my name in the next update but I don't want it to get denied again.

Calahan

That rejection message is likely just a stock template reply that includes a range of reasons without specifying the precise reason it was rejected.

If I had to guess I'd say it was because "Shmo" is too much like an internet handle. But I want to stress that that is purely a guess on my part. The Creative Content Rewards are a totally separate system to these forums, so the forum moderators here have no say, and little knowledge of how and why Creative Content is accepted/rejected (other than trying as best we can to build up some sort of general picture of how it works via the various titbits of info that gets posted by Tynan etc. about them). What we can do however is point you in the direction of those who can help you. And to that end...

I'd recommend sending ItchyFlea an email via Ludeon support [email protected] , or send him a forum PM (here's his profile page) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=959 , and explain that your name got rejected, and ask for clarity regarding why that was and/or what needs to be changed for it to be accepted next time. Or/and just link this thread (since you seem to have explained the issue well enough here). I'm sure he'll be able to help you out (or nudge Tynan if it's something he needs to look at personally).