Certain buildings only being allowed to place on water UPDATED - SOLVED?

Started by lionsilverwolf, January 15, 2018, 02:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lionsilverwolf

I've run into this before and thought I dealt with it but it's happened again. Some production buildings (specifically I noticed the droid manufactory) and all no-material sleeping spaces can only be placed on water tiles.

EDIT: It's also affecting my mega- and flat-screen televisions!  :'(

EDIT: And now after installing Hunt For Me midgame, getting some glitch and uninstalling it, it's reversed and that things that could not be placed on non-water can be, and things that couldn't have to be. NOW it's getting in my way of playing. Also the mod that was, for whatever reason, causing this problem before is one I haven't had installed for more than a week.

lionsilverwolf

Alright it is in some way tied to polygamy beds. Took that off (noticed double sleeping spot wasn't in the beds tab and checked, it was placeable anywhere) and things seem to be working correctly. So that's a thing!

EDIT: Okay so it fixed sleeping spots, but telescopes are doing it now. Doing a quick check via godmode shows...
The production buildings from Androids, the Ferrex business network, and the joy items from Exotic Joy are the ones doing it at the moment. Any ideas from anyone?

lionsilverwolf

Alright so after chatting with a pal he asked about my placement of rainbeau's bridges etc so I slid it up the modlist along with the fishing addon and, sitting just after architect, my problems with stuff wanting to be on water is solved.  So there's something up with the bridges and/or fishing that effs with other mods.