Bug: cannot assign/override a colonist to mortar if reserved (B18)

Started by Vuelhering, January 16, 2018, 02:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vuelhering

To repeat bug:

Send Colonist A to man turret. Try to send Colonist B -- you cannot.

(I have a few basic mods, but I don't think any would affect this)

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - Changed the word turret to mortar in the title to more accurately reflect the issue.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. There are no manned turrets in the vanilla game, but if you mean mortars (since they are manned in vanilla) then yes, there does appear to be an issue here. I'm not 100% sure if being unable to override the action is a bug or not (although likely is IMO), but at the very least a feedback message should appear when trying to override via right-click.

So I'll leave this open for the devs regarding whether or not the inability to override is a bug or WAD, and I'll add the missing feedback message to the current list of missing ones. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37974.0

Vuelhering

Quote from: Calahan on January 16, 2018, 06:08:17 AM
There are no manned turrets in the vanilla game, but if you mean mortars (since they are manned in vanilla) then yes, there does appear to be an issue here.
In that case, you should also note that the game shows a colonist manning a mortar as "Operating turret".

Calahan

Good spot. I know some mods add manned turrets, so was just checking that you were referring to the vanilla mortar and not a manned turret (that was added by a mod).

Not sure myself if the word turret is supposed to appear anywhere in relation to the mortar. Can't see the word in any of the descriptions or associated text, but the mortar still has the "Set forced target" command (that turrets used to have), and the mouse-over tool-tip for that mentions the word "turret" in it. Plus the example you gave of course. So there are references to "turret" rather than "mortar", and those could be fine or could be overlooked inconsistencies.

One for the devs for sure (and thanks for pointing it out).