The Next Patch Will Be 1.0 (from reddit)

Started by Seeker89, January 16, 2018, 06:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Xerberus86 on January 22, 2018, 03:31:41 PM
.... rimworld has more than enough "features" to justify the 1.0 tag ....BUT it does NOT have enough content, which i hope tynan is gonna add with the 1.0 release.

before the fanboy-hellbrigade comes let me iterate.

i love rimworld, one of my most played games on steam and in some degrees i even think it actually has surpassed its spiritual father dwarf fortress in terms of feature, graphics, UI and overall possibilities thanks to modding.

the ladder is what was keeping rimworld successful over the years and kept me started playing. it is the same with mount  & blade warband, also a sandbox game with a huge modding community which turned an "ok" game into a "masterpiece".

compare the amount of weapons or clothes in vanilla vs just like RT weapon pack + Rimsenal + Apparello. lategame content like glitterworld and EPOE .... we basically only have tribal enemies (people with bows, shivs and spears), pirates (people with varying degrees of guns) and TWO mechanoids. in terms of enemy variety and equipment not much. if rimworld would lose mod compatibility or many of the mods would not get updated anymore then the game would basically lose most of its content.

yes i know, tynan 1 guy vs hundreds of people ..... but he should think of maybe incorporating some mods (or mod elements) into the game IF the modders are ok with it. this way when the game gets updated a) the mods won't break and b) the game would get some more content.

on the other hand he should just sit down and create some more content (animals, weapons, clothes, etc.) on his own to incorporate them into the game.

... bottom line is that without mods i wouldn't even continued playing this game because it runs out of content quite soon.

just my 2 cents.

I don't know. There is an argument to not over populating the game with all the stuff those mods add. Honestly the mess they turn the menus into is the reason I don't use them. It's great that they can be mods for people who want that though.

Not to say there should be "no more content", I do agree there should be more, but I'd like to see some good curated content added rather than just mass adding all the stuff in some huge mods.

BoogieMan

Sounds very ambitious, going from just hitting beta to 1.0 in one update.

I've had a lot of fun with Rimworld, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it evolve even further.