Tell guests to "stay indoors, it is dangerous outside".

Started by Jorlem, January 16, 2018, 09:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorlem

I'd like some way to tell guests that I've rescued to stay indoors or to not try to leave for some period of time.  I had rescued two members of a trade party that were injured in an insect attack, and as soon as they were just barely healthy enough to stand, they got up and started slowly limping their way towards the edge of the map. They then were killed by a manhunter pack that had triggered while they were healing.  Then their faction's opinion of me dropped because they died.

Again, I'd like some means of warning my guests so they don't die needlessly like that.

gipothegip

Honestly, I wish they'd at least wait a little longer to actually recover before leaving.

They leave the second they can get out of bed, even if they have to crawl their way back home.

I suppose if you can get to them before they run off and have the medicine, you could probably put them under anesthesia.

Some way of keeping guests from running away at a stupid time would be nice though.
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

patoka

try to install dentures or a peg leg to anesthesize them and then quit the operation. that should keep them knocked out for almost half a day
pretty annoying, i know, but i guess you could also carry them to a room with food inside for them where hey can heal and you just seal the door with a block of wall. will cost you 5 wood to construct (which you get back for the most part) and some time in setting this up. deactivating all hospital beds and making the one bed you want that pawn to be transported to a hospital bed seem to be the easiest way.
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?