Another Harmony-Related Question

Started by dburgdorf, January 16, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

I suspect the answer to this question is "no," but it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

Both my "Editable Pawn Titles" and "More Trait Slots" mods use transpilers to make changes to the "DrawCharacterCard" method.

Unfortunately, I've been made aware of a mod incompatibility. There's an NSFW mod that uses a "return false;" prefix to replace the "DrawCharacterCard" method. I haven't looked closely to see why the method is replaced, but that's irrelevant at the moment. The point is that the changes my mods make to the core code get ignored along with the core code itself.

Is there any way that I can "patch the patch," so to speak, if that mod is installed, so that the changes my mods make still take effect?
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

jamaicancastle

Short answer: no, probably not.

If you were using a prefix yourself, I believe Harmony can be instructed to treat that prefix as higher priority than others, which would let you get in before the method is detoured. But I assume that if the problem were prefixable you'd be doing that already.

I imagine you could somehow persuade Harmony to target a patch, but it would be very sensitive to load order (the patches are numbered but I don't think they're distinguished beyond that, so you'd have to rely on the other mod's patch being the first) and if you're going to be transpiling it, you'd need to study the other mod's code in enough detail that honestly, it'd probably be easier to just rewrite it for compatibility.