[Mod Request] Colonist`s in Cryptosleep casket`s disappear from Colonist Tab

Started by Dagoras, January 16, 2018, 10:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagoras

Hey,

I couldnt find a mod like this or maybe i didnt used the search function right, but basically i am already gathering colonist for a second colony and put them on ice ( cryptosleep caskets ) however they still appear in the colonist tab and in the UI which kinda annoys me, if there is an ingame option i am just missing please tell me, if not could someone please make a mod that makes colonist dissappear in the UI and colonist tab. Would be a very n1 QoL mod.

Cheers, Dagoras

BrokenValkyrie

I remember storing colonist in hope of eventually curing their ailment as well as reducing resource load. I gonna take a crack at making the mod. I already have an idea where the tabs drawn and what condition pawns are considered in stasis.

Dagoras

Quote from: BrokenValkyrie on January 19, 2018, 01:49:51 AM
I remember storing colonist in hope of eventually curing their ailment as well as reducing resource load. I gonna take a crack at making the mod. I already have an idea where the tabs drawn and what condition pawns are considered in stasis.

That would be awesome, i have currently 8 colonists on ice and with my active conolinsts the UI is kinda crowded and if you want to look up work or colonists tabs i always click the frozen ones, it works yeah but i guess inactive colonists really should be hidden if they are in cryptosleep caskets. :D

BrokenValkyrie

Sorry got stuck, turns out I was modifying the wrong thing, I was attempting to modify PawnTable class. Where I should of been modifying ColonistBar .

Here it is.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbikcyfmywucndf/HideCryptoPawn.zip?dl=0

100th post milestone.

Dagoras

Quote from: BrokenValkyrie on January 20, 2018, 10:51:59 PM
Sorry got stuck, turns out I was modifying the wrong thing, I was attempting to modify PawnTable class. Where I should of been modifying ColonistBar .

Here it is.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbikcyfmywucndf/HideCryptoPawn.zip?dl=0

100th post milestone.

Thanks you very much, its small but its impact is significant, tidies up so much space on the screen and tab :D, now i can see what pawns are active and not trying to draft frozen pawns...

P.S.: congrat to your 100th post :D

jsokolic

Been trying to find a mod that does just this, but there is none out there
at least not for 1.0, would be really appreciated if author or somone who
has knowledge to make update for it to 1.0

Sorry for waking up old topic  :P

Kirby23590

Patience my friend. There will be someone someday in the rimworld modding community to pick this up. And turn it into a mod, but ain't easy coding it and making it happened, be warned of that...

Did you know that you can hold right-click and drag the colonist tab icon of each colonists to drag them to anyware up to top left to bottom right? I used that and up the left-most people that have guns and the right being melee and non-combatants and then my pawns who are in Cryptosleep...

That's something that most players didn't know about. It's not that big though... But hopefully some modder makes this suggestion come to life making the icon of pawn disappear or at least greyed out in the Colonist Tab. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jsokolic

Yes I know it is possible to rearange pawns, but when you have 40+ colonists .. and 30+ of them sleeping in cryo it does not help much, and I am just that crazy in collecting pawns, just cant pass on oportunity and not recruit that sweet raider when he has such nice traits and skills :D :D

The most anoying thing is that the colonist icons become so small when you have lots of colonists + multiple row's, just clutters the screen.

This mod is so great... hopes it gets updated.

diner

Quote from: jsokolic on October 17, 2019, 05:46:14 PM
Been trying to find a mod that does just this, but there is none out there
at least not for 1.0, would be really appreciated if author or somone who
has knowledge to make update for it to 1.0

I've updated BrokenValkyrie's mod, Hide Crypto Pawn, to work with version 1.0

I didn't encounter any issues with the basic testing I did. That said, let me know if you run into any issues.

Download zip files from...
https://github.com/duhranged/HideCryptoSleep/blob/master/HideCryptoSleep.zip

I don't have any plans to post this to my steam profile, you will need to use the github download link.

jsokolic

Thank you very much! I will do testings and report back. Once again thank you !

Kirby23590

Quote from: diner on October 26, 2019, 02:59:05 AM
I've updated BrokenValkyrie's mod, Hide Crypto Pawn, to work with version 1.0

I didn't encounter any issues with the basic testing I did. That said, let me know if you run into any issues.

I don't have any plans to post this to my steam profile, you will need to use the github download link.

Cool!
I gotta do some testing as well with 30+ mods to see any incompatibilities, or keep an look for any red errors and report back to you as well.

Thanks!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jsokolic

So far it works like a charm, tested with some 200+ mods, and even with CE.

Great job, thnx.

diner

Quote from: jsokolic on November 03, 2019, 04:16:43 AM
So far it works like a charm, tested with some 200+ mods, and even with CE.

Quote from: Kirby23590 on October 30, 2019, 02:13:06 AM
Cool!
I gotta do some testing as well with 30+ mods to see any incompatibilities, or keep an look for any red errors and report back to you as well.

Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

jsokolic