Stepping into the moding world

Started by Festen, January 20, 2018, 08:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festen

Hello everyone, I have decided after enjoying the hard work of many modders that I should give it a go.
My first project is creating a new faction called the Ophidians Aka Snake People. They will probably be always hostileand weak in cold climate.
For this mod I will probably be inspired by several mods I have already used.
Here are the ideas so far
4 species .

Cobra with a ranged attack probably a small square range attack causing nausea
Anaconda Melee, once they get to you they will crish you to death. The victime will become stun unable to act untill dead or salvation from a friend. Damage will include for the lucky survivors shattered and crushed bones.
Black Mamba Melee again with a venom attack. Wounds will need constant attention because they will tend to reopen (because of the anticoagulat factor in the black mamba venom)
Taipan or call me elite again melee but faster and deadlier. One bite will cause lost of consciousness and then the venom spreading quickly It will be a race against time hoping for your pawn develop immunuty fast enough

I also want to add baby snake, thet will act like an horde of manhunter squirrels, Pretty fast and small so hard to shoot. The poison is not deadly but will cause pain and a lost of consciouness

They won't use weapon but will be carrying defensive gear to protect themselves.

More thing I want to implant
The possibility of being butchered for two ressources : scales for strong gear without insulation bonus and fangs who can be refined for a poison wine giving a mood boost to the drinker but beware of addiction or fatal overdose.

Faction item only Specific mortar shell for raid called Viper Nest. They will release a bunch of baby snake before the assault.

i will probably wander around the tutorials for a while to try to learn the how to do. i'm open to any suggestion, advice or critic.