Somehow i can't generate any Power.

Started by DarkDiice, January 18, 2018, 04:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDiice

So i was playing Rimworld, like always i tried to make sure to always have energy. I made myself 4 batteries and everything was fine. Once they were finished my power was always switching between 10000 W and -6000 W. I checked how much energy i need and it was about 6000.

So i am really wondering why isn't any power distributed, even though i got about 10 solar panels and 5 wind turbines?

Sincirely, DarkDiice

Calahan

I'm not really sure what bug you are trying to report here. When you say power is not being distributed, do you mean you have objects that require power but are not being powered? Or are you reporting some other issue?

Also, please can you please confirm whether or not you are using any mods, and if not then please post a save file where this issue is occurring so that it can be investigated further (details on where to find and how to post your save file can be found in the pinned "How to Report a Bug" thread at the top of the bugs forum).

Giselbaer

You said "between ... and -6000W" and "how much energy I need and it was about 6000".

You are aware that solar panels don't generate power at night, and wind turbines don't generate power when there's no wind? Maybe it's just that ...

Or, maybe you built walls around the panels and turbines? Your colonists have the, sometimes annoying, habit of putting roofs over everything that looks like it should be a room. Check if there are roofs above your panels/turbines, and place a "no roof" area there. Also, remember to cut down any trees that may begin to grow next to your turbines, and pour concrete or construct stone floors to prevent more trees from growing in the first place.

Calahan

Closing this due to lack of further info (guessing it was just a user error/misunderstanding). If I've closed it in error then please PM me and I'll reopen it for you to provide more info and a save file which can be used to reproduce your bug.