[Mod request] Unified clothing and weaponry stats + comparer

Started by crusader2010, January 20, 2018, 06:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

Hi,

There are three QOL features I would really like to have:

1. Make it clear, for each clothing item, also from any of the crafting benches (by mousing over the recipe), what layer it covers (OnSkin, Middle, Shell, Overhead, FullHead etc). There is a mod that did it for the tailoring bench (it categorized the clothing items into the body parts they cover and, on mousing over a recipe, it showed all of the stats - %armors, layer, body parts covered, stats). I would very much like a way to generalize this and make it mod-independent (i.e. to show this information no matter what items are added to your game, regardless of the crafting bench).

2. Similar to 1., but for weapons. For example, showing only stats like [range, damage, number of shots, cooldown, warmup, accuracies] is enough. They should show up for every crafting station and all weapons.

3. An item comparison tool. This is going to be rather complex, but extremely useful. As a general guideline:
Clothing:

• - Clothing can be firstly filtered by the quality (just like in vanilla Rimworld - using a slider);
  • - Clothing can be secondly filtered by the body parts they cover (multiple checkboxes);
  • - Clothing can be thirdly filtered by the layer of skin it covers (multiple checkboxes);
  • - Should have added support for mods like "Infused" - a simple checkbox to include/exclude infused items;
  • - "Infused" items should have all of their stats counted in;
  • - Each stat an item can have should be able to be ticked on/off of the comparison list, thus including/excluding items that have that stat;
  • - The comparison list should allow for multiple column ordering.

Weapons:

• - Weapons can be firstly filtered by the quality (using a slider);
  • - Weapons can be secondly filtered by their range (melee, short, medium, long) - by 4 checkboxes (maybe even allow players to configure these ranges, except melee);
  • - Weapons can be thirdly filtered by shooting multiple bullets with one burst or only one (by two checkboxes);
  • - Should have added support for mods like "Infused" - a simple checkbox to include/exclude infused items;
  • - "Infused" items should have all of their stats counted in;
  • - The comparison list should allow for multiple column ordering.

Special feature:

• - The comparison tool should allow for the selection of a pawn in one side of the window, then allow you to preview the values of the pawn's stats by simply clicking on gear items. Basically a preview window where you can see how the pawn will look like and what stats he/she is going to have with the selected gear.
  • - Must definitely include information about which [body parts + layers] remained unprotected by the selected gear.

If someone wants to begin this project, I can draft a picture of how the comparison window could look like (if needed).

Thanks!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Harry_Dicks

I made a post on the suggestion forum about how apparel should show what layer it goes on, because right now you get stuck playing the process of elimination to see what goes with what. Throw in a few apparel mods and the possible outfit combinations goes into the tens of thousands. Tynan commented on the thread, saying how it was a good suggestion.

I'm hoping when 1.0 drops that we will get a lot of these little QoL improvements, like hidden or confusing information (rest and tiredness, anyone?)

I would suggest that you maybe try to post this in the suggestions forum. Be concise, and show examples of your problems you have in game, like you've done on this post. Be careful not to post too big a list of all kinds of things you think should be fixed, as it makes it harder for anyone else to continue any discussions on specifics if there are 100 other things listed.

Be concise, to the point, show an example, and post in clear and simple terms, and with a bit of luck, hopefully someone from Ludeon, or even Tynan himself, will read it and something will change for 1.0.

It also helps if you could assume, with a high probability, that these QoL improvements will help everyone and not just power users, and aren't too crazy or complex, that they then have a higher chance of being implemented into the core game. Or at least inspire a modder to make your dreams come true!