Information, about what is possible and what is not as a modder.

Started by Festen, January 20, 2018, 07:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festen

I want to create my first mod, and I have the idea about adding a new hostile Predator kind.
There is one function I want to add and that is the stealth function. I explain myself.
Friendly turrest won't be able to shoot at the hostile du to a "stealth factor"  Even better if the same could be done with your pawns meaning that if you don't manually fire at him your pawn will still be looking for targets.

Is this even possible to implant into to game or shoul I forgot about the idea an go a different way ?

Thanks

O Negative

If you're familiar with assemblies and C# programming, you could definitely do it.

But, if you don't, you might want to start smaller. XML modding is where most people start. Editing numbers, adding new creatures with custom textures, etc. That's where I'd start if I were you. Create the predator without the stealth function, and then see about learning how to do what you're trying to accomplish with help from others or by learning to code in C# on your own :)

Festen

Ok thank you, I will follow your advice and keep it easy at first and see how it goes.

RawCode

there are no limits from c# perspective, you can ever turn game into 1st person shooter if you really want to.

your modification is not possible via XML due to lack of stealth factor in vanilla game, you will need to reimplement targeting AI of everything if you want stealth factor.

krinkels69

I began by making my own mod. It was a staff with Pepe the Frogs head on it and it  shot 'REEEEE' balls of fire with the REEEEE sound effect on it. I started it by just editing existing files, knowing C# is a bit more advanced so I suggest you study up the basics of programming before you start with making stuff like that yourself to avoid loads of anger and frustrations. Good luck with the mod. :)