[B18] Orc Invasion 18.01.21

Started by Hokum, January 21, 2018, 09:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokum

Description:
From lands unknown, this mod adds pig-orcs to rimworld, along with custom equipment and buildings!

Requires Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 in order to run.

Features:

Orcs

Bonuses to orcs:
- 30% more HP
- 0.2 faster move speed
- 30% increased mining and construction speed
- 25% natural blunt and sharp armor ratting
- 150% base increased immunity gain
- 30% increased body size (higher carrying capacity)

Drawbacks to orcs:
- 30% more vulnarable to fire
- 20% decreased research speed
- 30% increased hunger rate
- Comfortable temperature range of 0-32*C
- 30% increased body size (easier to hit)

Typical traits:
- Cannibal (guaranteed)
- Brawler
- Bloodlust
- Ugly
- Staggeringly ugly

Orcish opinions:
- Orcs are loud, and heavy, sleepers and will not suffer 'sleep disturbed' penalty
- Orcs receive smaller mood penalties for living in a barracks (den), and smaller mood bonuses for living in a private room (burrow)
- Orcs care little for non-clan members and do not suffer penalties involving the mistreatment or death of prisoners.
- Orcs receive much smaller mood penalties for ugly environments, but little to no mood bonuses for beautiful environments

Orc weaponry
Orcs have access to crude over-sized weapons.
-Great club
-Great maul
-Great Axe
-Throwing Axes
-Javelin
-Hand cannon

Orc attire
Because of their size and shape orcs cannot use human attire and instead have their own apparel.
-Loincloth
-Large chest piece
-Orcish plate helm
-Large breastplate
-Large plate leggings

Orc buildings
Orcs have access to buildings that reflect their society.
-Stake (a more decorative grave replacement for mounting trophies)
-Fighting ring (a joy building that improves melee skill)

Download
https://mega.nz/#F!jB80Ca6J!g56ZrPYzP7C6McVpeBgwiQ

How to install:
- Download and place folder in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
*Requires Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 in order to run*

More info
This mod is still very much a WIP and new content will be added regularly.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1267084448&searchtext=orc+invasion

Harry_Dicks

Nice mod. Looking at the fighter ring reminds me - I always thought it would be cool if someone made a "gladiator" mod, entirely centered around that. Other pawns could watch and cheer for joy, just like a wedding. Pawns could get hurt and need surgery. Some pawns could become crowd favorites, anyone seen Conan the Barbarian? As he progresses through his gladiator opponents, he gets increasingly decked out. So your badass gladiator could have a power arm and Scyther claw. Maybe other cool cyborg gladiator parts.

Hmm, how hard would that be. Making pawns have a100% chance to social fight a specific other pawn at a certain time and place that you setup, and all of the organizational stuff off the matches. At least other pawns would easily watch, since that function is already in vanilla.

Thirite

Do orcs get offended by the ugliness of other orcs?

Ranisimo

I adore additional races mods, so thank you for the gorgeous addition!

One suggestion, would you ever consider making Orcs compatible with Alein FrameWork Pregnancy Addon? I really like where that mod is heading with the Children and Pregnancies mod, and I love children in Rim World, including Orcs!
I'm a real life boomrat.

RyanRim

Looked at the title in the forum was like "Damn, someone actually listened to me, and made LoTR orcs". Saw this, well BaconBits! Haha, jokes aside, I dont like the looks of them, but good work with the traits and setbacks to balance it. More races more fun.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Minnigin

I think they look great, they look like the original Ganon, awesome :)

Sarge

Generals gathered in their masseeeeesss!!!! Awwyeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Call me Arty

I've been playing the same colony for about a month, and now I'm wondering if it's worth abandoning it just to have this mod, it seems so awesome!
Quick question, are Orcs compatible with EPOE, or is that too much awesome to handle?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Spetse

I love the look of this mod, but I feel like orcs would end up all hating each other because of the ugly traits being common. do they have the same reaction to the ugly trait as human pawns do?

Mufflamingo

Can I recruit orcs if I'm from a human faction?
Bleeeee. . . . .

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Spetse on January 24, 2018, 04:02:13 PM
I love the look of this mod, but I feel like orcs would end up all hating each other because of the ugly traits being common. do they have the same reaction to the ugly trait as human pawns do?

Maybe orcs could have a special ugly trait. Where all races get a negative social hit from them, except other orcs it isn't there, or isn't as much? Maybe Orc Ugly could be -35 social to anyone not an orc, but to other orcs it is a 0 or maybe even a +5 because beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Flimflamshabam

Would prefer if they could wear any clothes, also with different body sizes & females.

Wrathverse

This mod does not add Orcs, it adds pigmen. -_-

Call me Arty

Quote from: Wrathverse on January 28, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
This mod does not add Orcs, it adds pigmen. -_-

LOTR Orc.
World of Warcraft Orc.
Netflix's "Bright" Orc.
Final Fantasy Orc.

I like the difference. Some boring, "Human but green and on protein shakes" would've been expected, but the far more original "Pigmen" design is what got my attention. Besides, if it kills like an orc, eats like an orc, and raids like an orc, isn't it an orc?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

I called SpaceDorf's mom a pigman last night and she squeeled for me 8)