[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[Custom Events] v2.3d 5 New Events! Alpha 7!!

Started by minami26, June 05, 2014, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalfDream

I have the problem that i cant move squirel corpses. I cant take them to a stockpile or grave it always says that i didnt configure an empty place

minami26

So i was playing with the codes today look what I made! haha.

Also another sneak peak.. :D

minami26

Hello guys, I have finished all my to do list on v2. I have only tested to see if it works, but it should be balanced with the some of the events having good conditions.
If you think some events are unbalanced. please post to let me know what you think! thankyou!

v2 Features:
-New Events-
Mechanoid Swarm
Raid Command
Resource Prescience
Colonist Kidnappers
Terminator
Atmospheric Interruption
Buzzant Hill
Mysterious Ship Transmission
Colonist Stash
Risk/Reward Event

Sickness:
+Flu
+Anemia
+Scurvy
+Nausea

New TextOnly Events

Changes:
BasicSickness now changed to Flu
(The colonist becomes really sick, as with all sickness)
Improved Earthquake
(Camera shakes!)
Changed Black Void
(As black as the void itself.) Best event ever.

Kumai0214

Someone hold me!!! AHHH! lol... By the way, can you add something to be done with abominations? I received that mysterious ship transmission and a abomination popped up. But now the body is just sitting there.

Edit: Nevermind. I found a use for them after all :)

Found out that the mysterious ship transmission keeps occurring  each time you reload the game.

spatula

oh dude this is amazing.

i'm weighing doing a lets play for your insane tech mod, but i can't get far enough into a game yet because it's insanely hard.

This mod though- OMG, looks amazing.

From that screen grab- can you figure out Fog Of War? I think the concept of night being pitch black except for lit areas around lights/colonists would be insane.

Bozzarr

group of hunters from nearby settlement come and kill some animals and take away their corpses , they ignore colonists unless attacked.

minami26

Quote from: spatula on June 15, 2014, 01:59:44 PM
oh dude this is amazing.
From that screen grab- can you figure out Fog Of War? I think the concept of night being pitch black except for lit areas around lights/colonists would be insane.

Thanks dude! I don't know about FoW, pitch dark concept is actually just a weather def with all the lights set to zero. FoW is another thing. I'll leave that to ty. haha :D

I did a risk reward event from reading your thread again. I never thought risk reward events could be very thrilling. hahaha

Quote from: Kumai0214 on June 15, 2014, 10:45:53 AM
Can you add something to be done with abominations? I received that mysterious ship transmission and a abomination popped up. But now the body is just sitting there.
Found out that the mysterious ship transmission keeps occurring  each time you reload the game.
The abomination carcass shouldn't stay unless you destroyed it with an rpg or something that does  over 100dmg.  why does it keep happening.. it shouldn't do that. hmm

Quote from: Bozzarr on June 15, 2014, 03:59:55 PM
group of hunters from nearby settlement come and kill some animals and take away their corpses , they ignore colonists unless attacked.
that's hard to do. hahaha.

I love the black void event.. do you guys like it too? hahaha

Evgnonan

Thats really cool! Thx. Really hard to kill mutant-monster) And new text quests. And new events. This is that little things that need to be in RimWorld from beginning.))

Suggestions: New events
1) All life forms must stay inside or will be killed by monsters like in 1st Riddik film
2) Some virus, most of colonists now ill, but you can find medicine by researching (new research become aveleble as event starts)..
3) big migration of people that go through your map. (some epidemic or war or less rein and harvest food) - and after migration the same event happen with your colony.
4) Robers - they stile silver and you can catch them
5) Blood rain ))

minami26

Quote from: Evgnonan on June 16, 2014, 06:10:48 AM
Thats really cool! Thx. Really hard to kill mutant-monster) And new text quests. And new events. This is that little things that need to be in RimWorld from beginning.))

Suggestions: New events
1) All life forms must stay inside or will be killed by monsters like in 1st Riddik film
2) Some virus, most of colonists now ill, but you can find medicine by researching (new research become aveleble as event starts)..
3) big migration of people that go through your map. (some epidemic or war or less rein and harvest food) - and after migration the same event happen with your colony.
4) Robers - they stile silver and you can catch them
5) Blood rain ))

Thanks man!

about the suggestions!
1. Done that! its the black void event!
2. hmmm,, I could think of something like that! ;D
3. this is good!
4. ill try! :D
5. Hahaha,, this is also good!

spatula

Two things: Actually Three things..

The Black Void: This is the best event, hands-down, secures this as my favourite mod. Absolutely amazing, terrifying and a thrill ride. Truly the best experience I've had. I'd suggest if possible making the transition-to-darkness a bit longer, giving those hauling from afar a SLIM chance of making it to the light. Also, it leaves strange void creatures littered on the landscape in varying states of dead/alive and all frozen. Best event ever though.

and

Risk/Reward: Also one of my favourite features/events from this mod. Glad for a varying percentile risk... I ended up losing two colonists by taking the gamble and didn't on another occasion (by bowing out)... but the payoff from the risks were huge, though in time, losing those colonists ended up balancing it out- so i love this. Ultimately it was nice to have some new events to read (well written BTW) and have to make a tough decision. I like the one about preventing the crops and explaining the blights- that was a nice touch.

I'd love to see more of these events... even smaller ones with smaller rewards that have a cost, like gambling...
(ie. Stomp wants wants to use 100 potatoes to make a feast. Chance the smell of food attracts a nearby wander to join the colony VS attracting a raid VS psycho animals VS nothing)

or even some comical ones with very small effects
(ie. Stomp wants to electrocute a live Boomrat for science, will you let him? Risk: Stomp Catches on fire / Reward: Stomp catches on fire / Both: Everyone learns a valuable lesson)

I felt these events gave me, the user, a bit more say in the story elements they provide and really make me feel like my little colonists have personalities and little lives... that I witness ending suddenly as the darkness envelops the world...

And thirdly, this is an amazing, amazing mod. I can't stress this enough.

minami26

Quote from: spatula on June 16, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
The Black Void: This is the best event, hands-down
Risk/Reward: Also one of my favourite features/events from this mod.
I felt these events gave me, the user, a bit more say in the story elements they provide and really make me feel like my little colonists have personalities and little lives.
And thirdly, this is an amazing, amazing mod. I can't stress this enough.
Wow. thankyou so much spatula!
I'm so glad you like it!

Just so you know, when I finished the black void event, I was marching in circles within my room thinking I finally made it! wooo! :))
I'll take a look on how to manage the void creatures again. because i've already put something to prevent them from still being present after the event. seems like they still keep appearing huh.

Yeah, I'll be thinking more of Risk/Reward items. It's amazing how simple text gives the game more life right? awesome suggestions as always!

spatula

loved the "raider base" event... totally destroyed an otherwise prosperous colony in an epic way.. this will be even greater once there's manually-aimed artillery.

P_anders

Hi there ... you did really good work with your mod. i like the new events. or let's just say most of them. the Void event is pretty annpying. every time that event comes, i lost all or the most of my colonists because they are not fast enough to go back to the lights.

anyway ...
there is a lillte problem with the flu event ... i had this problem a few times like right now:
a colonist get a flu. the only thing i can do is undraft him when his food reaches 9% ... it worked 1 time ... sometimes it worked a 2. time. but then he get a mental breakdown befor he undrafted go to the food and can eat something. my wardet arrest him, put him in a prisoner bed and droped food next to the bed ... he does not feed him. as you know ... i can not undraft a prisoner. which means i lost the prisoned colonist  because of starvation. non of my colonists with activatet doctorwork will treat the prisoner with the flu. by klick right mousebutton i haved only this: " bed is reserved by ..." nothing else

i have no chance to rescue this guy and bring him back in the crew -.- maybee there is some bug with?

minami26

ok thanks for the info. I'll try to tweak the other events to make them less of a hassle.

Abomination and ResourcePrescience has been fixed, i'm waiting for alpha5 to release.

Thanks for playing!

P_anders

thanks minami

uhm speaking at abomination ... i had this event 2 times when i get the surviors in my base and both times one of them was transforming. by each next time when this event comes i decided to let them die or send a colonist to kill them  ... to much risk for my crew.
i was woundering if it's definitly that one of the 3 guys will turn in this monster every time the event comes

btw.
sorry for my bad english ... it is not my mother tongue ^^
*looking at my previous post* oh my goodness .. i knew i speak not soooo good english .. but this is horrible *shame*