[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[Custom Events] v2.3d 5 New Events! Alpha 7!!

Started by minami26, June 05, 2014, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romi

Awesome! I love this mod! miami26 you are awesome! Thanks for a great mod :D

Ink.

Cant wait to try this out. What would be cool is a configurator where you could choose what events did spawn or not and modify the frequency of the ones that do. So like if someone wanted faction wars more common they could do so. That'd be cool.

Sooner535

^ click on your mods folder and then click on Custom events then defs then incidentdefs then open the file in notepad. You can edit the things there and also turn them off :) (this can also be done with the core game in the core mods folder)

MelanisticAlbino

Cool mod! It's really needed, rimworld is lacking events like these right now.

How do I get rid of the buzzant hill? I can't attack it and they're spreading across the map!  :-\

StarGrimWolf

Quote from: MelanisticAlbino on October 03, 2014, 11:17:58 AM
How do I get rid of the buzzant hill? I can't attack it and they're spreading across the map!  :-\

Probably not the best way, but you can remove the buzzant hill by building a turret nearby and setting the Hill as a forced target. With a Solar panel, takes a couple of days but it clears it up nicely.

daft73

Wow Minami26, this looks fantastic, and terrifying all at once ??? ;)

hanzie

This is a great mod but I stumbled upon a wierd bug with the three space refugees that... surprise you with the marshmellowman :)
The explosion was caught in a loop, going off hundreds and hundreds of times, sending just as many Alert messages and lagging the computer to a halt. There was no end to it.

I just bought the game 2 days ago and I'm still doing that thing we do when we get new games - Slam every mod you can find into it :) - so I can't say if this is a normal bug but I think it's better to let you know.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Ink.

Quote from: Sooner535 on October 02, 2014, 05:01:26 PM
^ click on your mods folder and then click on Custom events then defs then incidentdefs then open the file in notepad. You can edit the things there and also turn them off :) (this can also be done with the core game in the core mods folder)

Awesome. Will definitely be checking this mod/that out.

minami26

Quote from: hanzie on October 04, 2014, 08:44:05 PM
This is a great mod but I stumbled upon a wierd bug with the three space refugees that... surprise you with the marshmellowman :)
The explosion was caught in a loop, going off hundreds and hundreds of times, sending just as many Alert messages and lagging the computer to a halt. There was no end to it.

I just bought the game 2 days ago and I'm still doing that thing we do when we get new games - Slam every mod you can find into it :) - so I can't say if this is a normal bug but I think it's better to let you know.

That bug shouldnt happen anymore, i tested it again with the latest version and the marshmellow man only exploded once after a couple of in game hours.. maybe your playing with an old version? Thats an alpha6 bug, but if you are playing the latest version, what mods are you playing with? Hope its not a lot,, lol

Anyone else have this happening?

Clibanarius

I do, but I have a ton of mods and it's happening completely at random. I'm at the point where I'm ditching everything non-essential, and your mod is either not responsible or not solely responsible because it's happening to me without it installed.

minami26

fixed a minor issue, about the tuskbear giving out an error when it dies. scary beasts D:

Changelog:
v2.3a
+Fixed
- Fix Tuskbeast error when killed.

------------
Quote from: Clibanarius on October 06, 2014, 03:43:14 PM
I do, but I have a ton of mods and it's happening completely at random. I'm at the point where I'm ditching everything non-essential, and your mod is either not responsible or not solely responsible because it's happening to me without it installed.

I really hope its not CustomEvents mod ... :(

Clibanarius

Honestly, I would think it's one of the least likely culprits, since I said 'extra random events? I'll suffer without some fluff for now to playtest the stability and to see what triggers the white boxes' and have had it come up many, many times, all without your mod being loaded or present. It's also sometimes load order, with, for instance, Extended Surgery Mod seeming to need to go before Apothecarius.

nerevar

I encountered the hyper tornado for the first time today!  While I was pleased to see it rip through structures like so much paper, the way it literally disintegrated a mountain seemed a little odd to me, no matter how hyper the tornado.  Perhaps make unmined rock, etc. immune to the tornado?

Also the tornado was crushed to death by falling rocks from said mountain, quite a relief for me, but didn't make too much sense either :D.

Rex705

:( I have found that when the faction war for my colony happens and you load up a save to try and save a colonist from getting killed the event just keeps resetting turning into an endless war that cannot be won. :(