(Update) RimWorld PC Requirements

Started by Matty, October 26, 2013, 01:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobthefarmer1

When I get my copy of it, I'll try to find some settings on the users end for nvidia cards to be be used as I believe, last I looked you can customize what your gpu for each program. Will include avg FPS for different setting combos, will also try using integrated graphics aswell.

Matty

UPDATE: My measly laptop can run the game like a charm. 8 colonists and 4 raiders onscreen at the same time, absolutely fine. :D

P.S. I did notice a huge lag spike when there was a solar flare and ALL my electrical objects went out. The flashing electricity sign slowed me down a lot.

Produno

Give it a while into the game and then come back and let us know how well it runs ;p. Good news its holding up for now though!

Bobthefarmer1

For Nvidia cards, if you turn on thread optimization it makes your game run a tad faster due to it allocating the least active cores to your game. For multicore machines, you can also allocate specific cores to the game by going to task manager, right click rimworld.exe and then click affinity and choose a core of your choice and unclick the rest, made my game run a little better.