[MOD] (Alpha 4) Start With more Colonists (discontinued)

Started by Cala13er, May 05, 2014, 05:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

Okay will fix it soon. And for spawning more guns. The extra colonists start with new pistols. So no need.

Nikitamuch

i installed your mod today but it doesnt seem to work for mei just input it into my mods folder but i still only get 3 colonists using the regualer normal non modded maps, any help maybe :D awesome mod by the way :D

Forge99

Thx im now to the game and something like this is realy helpful

Forge99

Cala13er

Quote from: Nikitamuch on June 07, 2014, 03:16:19 PM
i installed your mod today but it doesnt seem to work for mei just input it into my mods folder but i still only get 3 colonists using the regualer normal non modded maps, any help maybe :D awesome mod by the way :D

If you're trying to use 5 colonist start, it's broken.

As for 6 colonist start, it's been confirmed to work for alpha 4. So you must have another mod that alters map generation. What mods do you have on?

Cala13er

nmid

Currently you start with your standard 3 selectable colonists, while the additional colonists appear on the edge of the map and you can't choose them. They are random citizens.

Is that correct?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Cala13er

Quote from: nmid on June 14, 2014, 07:04:14 AM
Currently you start with your standard 3 selectable colonists, while the additional colonists appear on the edge of the map and you can't choose them. They are random citizens.

Is that correct?

Yes, it is :)

shadsni

All your base are belong to us.

iame6162013

Quote from: shadsni on June 14, 2014, 08:15:04 AM
Is this compatible with Alpha 4f ?
what, of course not (sarcasm, it is compatible :D)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

nmid

Thanks. It works quite nice :).

The only thing to possibly add to this mod, is to enable selection of the additional colonists..
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Cala13er

Quote from: nmid on June 14, 2014, 04:32:24 PM
Thanks. It works quite nice :).

The only thing to possibly add to this mod, is to enable selection of the additional colonists..

I was working on such a feature, however. I see no point in continuing this mod due to another practically duplicating what this one does.

harley9699

What's the other mod like this? Now that RW is A5, I'd like to know---because this was one of my favorite mods.

Roberius

I presume he means Colonist Creation Mod   
Sorry to see this go, I preferred the simplicity this mod added. Thanks for the work Cala13er, looking forward to more Industrial Rim though :D