[W|0.4.462 Alpha 4e] "remove no roof region" tool is broken.

Started by OmegaConstruct, June 05, 2014, 05:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaConstruct

After removing a section of roof using the "create no roof region" tool, the "remove no roof region" tool doesn't restore the roof. It will delete the red blocking used to indicate the no roof region, but the roof does not repair itself.

-BUT-

If I then deconstruct a section of wall and then rebuild it, the roof fixes itself, just as it does when you first build a room.

Reproduction steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSmomddgus

I was able to reproduce this bug with all wall types, with or without floors and/or doors, in all weather conditions, across multiple saves.

Demo

I'm not so sure if this is a bug, as it's been in the game as long as I remember, but it has a simple fix.

OmegaConstruct

I never had any problems with the "remove no roof region" tool in the past, going back into A3 and the tester builds, at least that I can remember. I still have all of the old builds saved on my computer, so I'll double check to make sure, but I'm already fairly certain...

Aenir

I've noticed this too; building or removing something that is impassable seems to cause it to update.  My guess is this has to do with the new regions system Ty added.

Noughtilus

It won't check to see if it should construct a roof until the structure changes, building a wall or a door or something. It seems easy enough to fix, just have the remove no roof region tool call for that check when it's used. The real question here is whether it's intended functionality or not, because I could imagine it might be.