[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

securitycop

can this fire over a 3 cell wide stone wall??

aka fire on no L.O.S.  ??

PunisheR007

Quote from: securitycop on June 07, 2014, 10:46:11 PM
can this fire over a 3 cell wide stone wall??

aka fire on no L.O.S.  ??

No it can't lob over walls, i would have loved todo it, but im pretty sure no projectiles can't go overwalls,
even grenades can't, if or when it gets added, i'll be on it for sure.

Girlinhat

I'm curious, could you do something similar to a 'controlled lightning strike' where the turret fires, no projectile is generated, and 1 second later it causes an explosion at the target location?

Or for that matter, could you make a Weather Control Weapon that calls down lightning?

Evul

To get shells to go thro walls try set the projectile <impactWorld>false</impactWorld> I think that work.

securitycop

Quote from: Girlinhat on June 08, 2014, 01:32:53 AM
I'm curious, could you do something similar to a 'controlled lightning strike' where the turret fires, no projectile is generated, and 1 second later it causes an explosion at the target location?

Or for that matter, could you make a Weather Control Weapon that calls down lightning?

that be sweet a C&C version in rim world lol  HELLO Tesla coil!

mrofa

It can be done, architect did it with bp+ with his lightning rod.
All i do is clutter all around.

PunisheR007

Quote from: Evul on June 08, 2014, 11:42:45 AM
To get shells to go thro walls try set the projectile <impactWorld>false</impactWorld> I think that work.
I'll give that a go, im thinking the same thing it will work :). I will be updating it today, i was thinking of making the blast radius a little bigger and i will be making the projectiles faster by another 1/4. Update should be ready very shortly, keep your eye's peeled.

LZPanzer

just a suggestion but can you make firing zones where it will only shoot in those zone. in other words i dont want to arty my base while some raider runs along a wall

mrofa

You can turn it off to not shoot, it have to have some trade of even that small :D

PunisheR007

Quote from: Evul on June 08, 2014, 11:42:45 AM

Unfortunatly it didn't work, i thought it might have, but it didn't. These changes should make it look and run a whole lot better :)
enjoy!!!.

mrofa

You can check Mach in assembly it seems like feature sige altilery.

PunisheR007

Quote from: mrofa on June 09, 2014, 12:12:55 AM
You can check Mach in assembly it seems like feature sige altilery.

siege artillery hasn't been defined in xml yet, so i wouldn't be able to do anything until it is.

mrofa

In xml nope but with dll you could rewrite the function abit and use it on turret.

PunisheR007

I wish i knew c# and stuff like that :)

LittleMikey

So I had raiders land in the middle of my base, and my Artillery that I positioned towards the rear decided it would be a great idea to shoot up my base, in the process killing two of my colonists and destroying the wall to my prison letting all my prisoners out. 10/10 would use again.

On a more serious note, the Artillery seems overpowered to me. In my opinion it fires too fast. Also would it be possible to set a minimum range on it, or is that not possible currently?