[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunisheR007

Ok the display radius of turret range now shows, updated.
Cheers!!!

PunisheR007

I tweaked a few things today and added 2 new sounds, i think they sound pretty nice.
Enjoy, Cheers!!!

Fukara

The artillery can not 'shoot out from the walls ???

PunisheR007

Quote from: Fukara on July 06, 2014, 06:09:30 AM
The artillery can not 'shoot out from the walls ???

This artillery gun is just straight ahead shooting.
I'll start work on an artillery mortar which will be able to shoot over walls/rocks/mountains.
Shouldn't take me to long, cause i'll just change the texture colors so you can tell apart both types easily.
But i will work on a new texture for the artillery mortar and update soon after :).

Gabriel_Braun

Cool, the current version ought to be called howitzer and the other version artillery.  Also just a minor gripe but could you rename the 'self propelled guns' research to something like 'ballistics' as these guns are stationary emplacements.  Not a big issue I know but derp :D

PunisheR007

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on July 06, 2014, 08:13:15 AM
Cool, the current version ought to be called howitzer and the other version artillery.  Also just a minor gripe but could you rename the 'self propelled guns' research to something like 'ballistics' as these guns are stationary emplacements.  Not a big issue I know but derp :D
Indeed i will rename this mod to Cannons and have a howitzer and artillery cannon, both coming off the same research for now.
But i think i will change the research a bit down the track too, cheers for the heads up and ideas Gabriel.

PunisheR007

New version is up with a new name, and a new turret, the texture for the artillery cannon i will change
sometime soon down the track.
Enjoy
Cheers!!!

Gabriel_Braun

No worries dude, we're a community afterall!

There's another suggestion I'd like to put forward for your consideration though if you don't mind?  The howitzer might be more suited to the name if you inverted the accuracy scaling, dropped the radius to 2 but increase the damage?  What I mean is it should be most accurate at long range and least accurate at touch, opposite to the artillery.  If you made the warmup and reload take 5 or 6 seconds each you could increase the projectile speed to simulate the precision aiming and immense projectile velocity implied in the design without actually making it OP?

Just ignore me if I'm sounding too critical as you're honestly doing great work already and I don't want to sound like this feedback is a complaint, it's just a couple of suggestions that came to mind :D

PunisheR007

I was thinking of changing the accuracy of the howitzer,
since it would have better accuracy than the artillery.
I make that change and have an update tomorrow with hopefully a new textue for the Artillery
when i make it lol.

Gabriel_Braun

RGchym

hi, it is normal that guns kill in one shell hackers and Mechanoids? because it is a little too hard in my opinion: D

Sry for my english :/
Un jour, je serais grand ! Et grand sera ce jour !

(  Sry for my english :/   )

JorDash

QuoteThere's another suggestion I'd like to put forward for your consideration though if you don't mind?  The howitzer might be more suited to the name if you inverted the accuracy scaling, dropped the radius to 2 but increase the damage?  What I mean is it should be most accurate at long range and least accurate at touch, opposite to the artillery.  If you made the warmup and reload take 5 or 6 seconds each you could increase the projectile speed to simulate the precision aiming and immense projectile velocity implied in the design without actually making it OP?

Technically speaking howitzers tend to be smaller than artillery and faster firing and have the capability to be fired as a direct fire weapon (like a tank cannon except not as accurate). While artillery is longer ranged and larger. Of course these are generalizations. So perhaps instead of making the howitzer more accurate at longer ranges, make it more accurate at the middle ranges, faster firing, but less damage. That's just my two cents. :) Keep up the good work.

PunisheR007

New version is up, with a new howitzer texture, alot of tweaks and no disintergrating enemys now :).

PunisheR007

I should have waited till i finished the new sound and tweaks, before i released 2.1,
anyways here's the update 2.2 new artillery sound, howitzer got the original artillery sound.
Tweaked all of the sound volumes, shouold be a little better.
Cheers!!!

PunisheR007

Im currently working on the research side of things, and this is how it will go.
Self Propelled Guns will allows access to High Explosives research, the howitzer cannon and howitzer armour plating.
High Explosives allows access to ballistics research.
Ballistics will allow access to the artillery cannon and artillery armour plating.

Feels more logical, if anyone has any suggestions or feedback, plz feel free todo so.