[MOD] (Alpha 6) Cannons and Turrets v3.81

Started by PunisheR007, June 06, 2014, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuciferNZ

Quote from: PunisheR007 on August 15, 2014, 02:30:54 AM
Re-balancing update ready for download :)
What specifically?

Ive avoided the mod due to the arti being an *I WIN* button due to accuracy (It is an awesome mod though, I just play ultra hard difficulty)

The need for shells seems like a good balance direction so far though! :)

PunisheR007

Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 15, 2014, 02:36:15 AM

What specifically?

Ive avoided the mod due to the arti being an *I WIN* button due to accuracy (It is an awesome mod though, I just play ultra hard difficulty)

The need for shells seems like a good balance direction so far though! :)

I updated the changelog to show all the changes in detail, i will make sure i do it like this in future updates. :)
Hopefully down the track i will get it alot more balanced, but atm i think a fair few people are still enjoying it the way it is.
The way i use them when a raid or siege comes, i turn my cannons on to fire 1 round each to soften them up and then send my colonists in for the kill.

Edit - I will be making a further update later on tonight, which will have the accuracy alot more rebalanced on the artillery, flak and kaytusha, the howitzer can stay at the accurate beast it is, but i will increase it's firerate to 8 secs and the flak will increase to 12 secs, Hopefully that should bring more balance.

LuciferNZ

Ah ok - yeah, Im sure a lot of people are enjoying it ;)  These pieces smash face!

If you could kindly point me to the variables to tweak for accuracy and shot delay, Ill mod myself some difficulty modifiers hehehe.
I havent looked at modding Rimworld since Ive played, because I know Id get addicted and make some mods myself =)

PunisheR007

Quote from: LuciferNZ on August 15, 2014, 04:31:13 AM
Ah ok - yeah, Im sure a lot of people are enjoying it ;)  These pieces smash face!

If you could kindly point me to the variables to tweak for accuracy and shot delay, Ill mod myself some difficulty modifiers hehehe.
I havent looked at modding Rimworld since Ive played, because I know Id get addicted and make some mods myself =)

Well it's not so hard to tweak the accuracy and reload time, in def/thingdefs you will see structure and turret xml files for all the cannons, the turret xml files contain the accuracy and reload time code.

accuracy you can't miss it will have touch, short, medium and long in the code, the reload time is called cooldown time.
Cheers, enjoy making some difficult challenges for yourself :).

Jaxxa

I should have my Turret Ammo mod updated Tonight / Tomorrow.
Do you want to use that to set up turrets using ammo?

If don't want to or if you prefer I can make a version of this mod that requires Ammo and post it.
As you said people are having fun with the mod It might be good to have separate versions.

It looks like your license allows is but I just don't want to take your entire mod, change just a few things and re-upload it without checking with you.

axenn

i'm happy of your mod because now i can't have the opportunity to let enter ennemis in the security area.... more than 800 !! That freeze etc.... i sent 9 colonists to recude population but that don't work. So now with the 180mm i open fire immediatly and then leave... I have some problem to see the interest to have so much ennemies... too loose everything ? great.. :/
I can't even burn dead corpes, that take more time than the delay between two attacks...

So , thanks a lot for your mod.

PunisheR007

Quote from: jaxxa on August 15, 2014, 05:11:11 AM
I should have my Turret Ammo mod updated Tonight / Tomorrow.
Do you want to use that to set up turrets using ammo?

If don't want to or if you prefer I can make a version of this mod that requires Ammo and post it.
As you said people are having fun with the mod It might be good to have separate versions.

It looks like your license allows is but I just don't want to take your entire mod, change just a few things and re-upload it without checking with you.
I you like Jaxxa, after you have finished your update for your turret ammo mod, you can make a version of my mod using your turret ammo mod, i've got no problems at all with that, just add my name in the credits somewhere lol. Cause it would be easier if you made it, since you know all your .dll def names and so on.

I'll just keep on updating this mod i have going, so there will be 2 versions.
Quote from: axenn on August 15, 2014, 05:30:38 AM
i'm happy of your mod because now i can't have the opportunity to let enter ennemis in the security area.... more than 800 !! That freeze etc.... i sent 9 colonists to recude population but that don't work. So now with the 180mm i open fire immediatly and then leave... I have some problem to see the interest to have so much ennemies... too loose everything ? great.. :/
I can't even burn dead corpes, that take more time than the delay between two attacks...

So , thanks a lot for your mod.

No problems you're welcome :)

Jaxxa

I have my first version of this mod that uses Ammo up.
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5537.0

Quote from: PunisheR007 on August 15, 2014, 04:47:06 AM
Well it's not so hard to tweak the accuracy and reload time, in def/thingdefs you will see structure and turret xml files for all the cannons, the turret xml files contain the accuracy and reload time code.

accuracy you can't miss it will have touch, short, medium and long in the code, the reload time is called cooldown time.
Cheers, enjoy making some difficult challenges for yourself :).

I think for Explosive weapons the "forcedMissRadius" would be more important than the accuracy variables.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5364.msg51244#msg51244

PunisheR007

sweet jaxxa, i'll check it out the next colony i build :).

PunisheR007

I did a bit more re-balancing, and added 2 types of blasting charges, incendiary and emp.
Should be nice to stun and burn your enemies from a blasting charge :).

Edit - 2 new research items, which i will probably merge into 1, to access both charges.
25 metal each to build, i decided to make it 10 less than a standard blasting charge, since there is no high explosives in them.

Cheers

Edit 2 - I'll redo the OP pic tomorrow, which will have both blasting charges in it as well.
Edit 3 - Also torrow i will fixup the blasting charges texture size as well.

Grimandevil

I dunno if it already was mentioned, but why did u name your MRL-turret Kaytusha when it should be Katyusha if u refer to ussr MRL.
not that it really bothers me..
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

PunisheR007

I will be adding a stun blasting charge in the next update, cause i realised emp is just for affecting electrical devices.
Maybe it might affect mechanised enemies, i'll run some tests on the mechanoids and see what happens.
Im sure the emp mine could be useful in other scenario mods, so i will leave it be for now.
The stun blasting charge should be nice for large packs of enemies, who are trying to rush through the front door and gain the upperhand on your gun emplacements and colonist defense postitions.

Quote from: Grimandevil on August 20, 2014, 06:21:17 AM
I dunno if it already was mentioned, but why did u name your MRL-turret Kaytusha when it should be Katyusha if u refer to ussr MRL.
not that it really bothers me..

Yeah i should have changed that long ago lol, i'll fix that up in the next update.
Cheers for the reminder Grimandevil. :)

PunisheR007

New update ready to download, OP changelog for details. :)

Cheers!!

Damien Hart

Your mod has the old BaseDamageTypes XML, which doesn't have names for the injuries, and that causes every injury to register as "Misc" on the health tab.

smitj045

You sure Damien? I'm getting shredded and blown off limbs, no misc here.