Solar flare affects bionics wearers

Started by ethouiche, January 23, 2018, 10:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethouiche

Today there is no downside to have bionics. You have better statistics, better immunity (does a bionic ever infect ?), better everything, nothing to be worried about.

Solar flares should make each bionics 1/4 efficient. That would teach them.

Some meteorites could also have strange properties like a magnet. As long as the meteorite is not harvested, bionics wearer are attracted by it and it lowers their movement speed if they are trying to go astray.

OFWG

I love these suggestions. AFAIK the only downside to bionics is for prosthophobes.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

AileTheAlien

giannikampa

Totally agree on this, charge weapons and mechanoids should be affected as well. So the shield belt too.

Not that related, I would suggest for bionics to be treated using components instead of medicines when they are damaged. If  no components available the pawn will be slowed in performance until treated and the component consumed, but no infection or blood loss on those injuried body parts.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

lancar

This sounds reasonable.

I'd still like some way to defend against this accursed event, though, or at least mitigate it's effects.

Kirby23590

As long as shield belts and mechanoids are included.

I will say yes. It will be an interesting thing and for emergent gameplay (If the raiders decided to throw in merc slashers.). :D

+1!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

marten

patoka

yeah but then you'd also have to attract guns and steel sworda and knives and what not

in short, a big NO from me
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Crow_T

bionics+shield belts+mechanoids+charge rifles sounds good to me.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

AileTheAlien

Quote from: patoka on January 28, 2018, 02:07:49 PMyou'd also have to attract guns and steel sworda and knives and what not
I'm having difficulty understanding this. Could you elaborate on what you mean, please?

patoka

Quote from: AileTheAlien on January 28, 2018, 05:49:12 PM
Quote from: patoka on January 28, 2018, 02:07:49 PMyou'd also have to attract guns and steel sworda and knives and what not
I'm having difficulty understanding this. Could you elaborate on what you mean, please?
oh come on are you memeing me?
"magnets, how do they work?"
magnets attract iron, cobalt and nickle (or how ever you write it), and some tungsten and neodyme mixtures.
swords of iron (in game "steel") get attracted.
pawns that wear stuff made out of steel will also be attracted.
do i have to go into more details?

tl;dr: your suggestion sucks because physics.

Rule 2 boyo, that's a 3 week vacation from your friendly neighborhood Badmin.
-Ramsis
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Grubfist

patoka

Quote from: Grubfist on January 29, 2018, 12:32:15 AM
Quote from: giannikampa on January 24, 2018, 02:42:55 AM
mechanoids should be affected as well
I love you for this.

but, but, but
but physics
dont make my engineer heart cry :'(

Crow_T

Is this something that can be done in a purely XML mod I wonder?

I suppose you could even go crazy and actually fry all the electronics as well, including solar panels, even catching some on fire :P Extreme mode...
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: ethouiche on January 23, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
Today there is no downside to have bionics. You have better statistics, better immunity (does a bionic ever infect ?), better everything, nothing to be worried about.

Solar flares should make each bionics 1/4 efficient. That would teach them.

Some meteorites could also have strange properties like a magnet. As long as the meteorite is not harvested, bionics wearer are attracted by it and it lowers their movement speed if they are trying to go astray.

No downside to bionics? You are aware that Bionics are valuable, as in they have a direct cost in silver? You are aware that the game scales the difficulty based on your net worth, Hence the reason for a tab showing your worth? So yes you can Bionic everyone one up but your worth (Value of your colony) would mean you are getting hammered by giant raids all the time. Those Bionics would be working overtime.

Just so that my response is not a one answer to the suggestion. What about when someone gets instadeath killed during a battle, Head shot, Brain destroyed? Fully bionic? Not anymore bionics gone. Lots of investment destroyed no way to recover it.

So I respectfully disagree that there is no "Downside" to bionics.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503