New "Killed me" and "Resurrected me" social thoughts

Started by Karmos, January 20, 2018, 12:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karmos

The new resurrection mech serum introduces some novel social situations. I just had a pawn kill another in a social fight. It would be cool to see that pawn, whom I resurrected, resent his murderer and appreciate his resurrector.

Shinzy

don't forget the situation where both killer and resurrector are the same person!

Granitecosmos

Quote from: Shinzy on January 20, 2018, 12:24:30 PM
don't forget the situation where both killer and resurrector are the same person!

"It was just a prank, bro!"

jamaicancastle

Quote from: Shinzy on January 20, 2018, 12:24:30 PM
"You see, Frank, once again I'm going to have to kill you."

Karmos

Maybe even unhappy thoughts "My rival was resurrected," "My friend was resurrected," "A colonist was resurrected"?

gipothegip

I could imagine if the resurrection results in additional negative side effects (besides the usual resurrection sickness) it could perhaps lead the pawn to resent the person who resurrected them.

Maybe there could be traits that tie into how colonists feel about resurrection. Perhaps some pawns innately dislike or fear resurrection, while others might have a fascination with it. Lorewise it could be similar to how some pawns favor or disfavor advanced prosthetics, where they either find it an abhorance of nature, or a miracle of science and the next step in mankinds evolution.

Quote from: Granitecosmos on January 20, 2018, 02:11:06 PM
"It was just a prank, bro!"

A social experiment!
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Call me Arty

I'll admit, I love the idea that this game can have these as thoughts.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

ertxyz

Those are really interesting, I would love to see more interesting things on the mind of the colonists, specially in regards to Rimworld specific situations like that.

If you take it one step further, you could have a colonist angry because you have serum in your stockpiles and you are not using it on his/her dead spouse.... or even better "Did you really resurrect THAT idiot instead of my husband?"
It brings to mind something I usually think with prosthetics: A colonist thinking "What the %&%$ are we saving that bionic leg for, while I have to keep using this piece of wood?"

Of course, I don't think the complexity of having your pawns aware of the inventory just for buffs/debuffs is worth it. But wouldn't it be fun?