i need help with my backstory

Started by salt1219, October 26, 2013, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salt1219

i spent some time trying to revise what i wrote earlier here's what i have so far.

Childhood:
Midworlder
"Salt grew up with a interest in science, he went to a good school and learned the value of hard work.
He dreamed of one day leaving his quiet home, and exploring exciting new worlds beyond his own"

Adulthood:
Reluctant Pirate
"Salt was a Geologist for Geotek Corp, his real job was to find advanced weapon artifacts.
something about the company trying to kill him? salt went on the run, turning to piracy to get by.

I'm thinking he was blackmailed or framed for something.  I want to keep it short, and give him a good reason to go on the run.  maybe he refused to give up the latest weapon he found (spiderbots) I don't know.  i originally had him survive a near fatal accident that left him in debt, he used piracy to pay the bills
"Salt was a Geologist till a near fatal collapse left him with artificial legs and deeply in debt.  He turned to piracy to get by."  -thats what i had before.

any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated, the hardest part is keeping it under 50 words.

Tynan

Some thoughts.

"Growing up, Salt was interested in science. He went to a good school and learned the value of hard work. But he also dreamed of leaving his home and exploring exciting new worlds."

"Ostensibly, Salt was a prospector for Geotek Corporation. However, his real job was to find ancient weapon artifacts. When he finally found one, the company tried to kill him to cover up the evidence. He escaped and began a life of piracy."

It's 50 words for each section, so you have some leeway.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

salt1219

salt1219

"Growing up, Salt was interested in science. He went to a good school and learned the value of hard work. But he also dreamed of leaving his home and exploring exciting new worlds."

"Ostensibly, Salt was a prospector shipwright for Geotek Corporation. However, his real job was to find ancient weapon artifacts. When he finally found one, the company tried to kill him to cover up the evidence. He escaped and began a life of piracy."

**Fixed it**  at Boeing the mechanics who travel to other countries for emergency fixes are called AOG (aircraft on ground). Maybe in the future they might get a similar name, SOG is taken :(
I'm not that kind if mechanic BTW, that requires a AMP license and some other things.  I did structures and now I do interiors.

AspenShadow

While we're on a similar note I could use some advice on my current PK backstory:

Childhood:
"Fallen Prodigy" â€" He was born on a world approaching Glitter-status before it inexorably fell into chaos. After his father was killed in the ensuing global war, he had to struggle to earn a scholarship in the best academy planet-side and had to continue to prove his right to be there with his keen intellect. The child genius was seen as a charity case by the older students and couldn’t connect with those his own age, as a result he had a lonely abusive childhood and his skill in 'making friends' was lacklustre.

Adulthood:
"Mad Scientist" â€" After his highly unethical experiments on the survivors of the Callos IX Incident were published, he was stripped of his life’s work and exiled to the Outer Rim. There the mastermind quickly picked up the skills necessary to survive in this harsher life while continuing his dangerous work with nothing left to lose. He grew accustomed to his loyal minions carrying out the laborious tasks he had no patience for.

Needless to say 50 words is coming rather difficultly at the moment.