How can I easily Unload a Caravan at a Lump of precious resources?

Started by dr33mz33, January 24, 2018, 06:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr33mz33

As the topic says, I like to travel around with beds, tables, chairs and food. Also around 15 muffalos to visit more than 1 lump at a time. However when entering this event the items won't be unloaded automatically, I need to sort through every  packing animal, find the items I need and then manually unpack them, which requires considerable effort for a couple days stay.
Is there any way or mod to fix this so it works in the same way as the "settle" mechanic?
Thank you.

dr33mz33

Thank you for your answer, I did know the mod. It is not what I'm looking for, the mod deals with player established bases. My issue is with lumps of precious resources (you got 10 days to mine them). That mod is ineffective in that regard.
It is not that big of a deal, it would simply be  a nice QoL improvement.

Wanderer_joins

There are two work-around:

1/ you name a few muffalos 'logisticsXX' and form a first caravan with tables and beds then a second caravan with everything else, and merge the caravans.

2/ you simply reform your caravan instantly and then split/ merge instantly. When you split, split with one colonist and give this colonist all the useful things, beds, tables, chairs etc... there is no limit to the inventory as long as it's within the carrying capacity of the whole caravan. Merge, then in the next encounter/ lump ressource map this colonist will have all you need in his personal inventory.

dr33mz33

Thank you indeed, the 2nd option works rather well. Nice!

pd: Also the pawn is able to move with 900+kg load, which is of course a bit of an exploit but it's very useful to unload items when you arrive at your base at a precise location.

pd2: When handling lots of items I find it easier to reform the caravan selecting all but your pawn fo choice, who will be left with all the inventory. I find this quicker than selecting all the items and the pawn.