[B18] RimFace for Facial Stuff

Started by Psychodozer, January 26, 2018, 08:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychodozer

Hello everybody!  I redraw the textures for a wonderful mod - Facial Stuff, and already laid out his modest job in workshop. Description is the same as there  ;D

RimFace adds completely new high quality faces in Rimworld. Give each colonist an individual appearance!

Load after Facial Stuff. Use only with Camera+ , without zoom you will not see the difference.

Features
More than a hundred new eyes, brown, blue, green and purple flowers.
Completely redrawn mouths, eyebrows, wrinkles and added bionic parts.
Heads were redrawn and modified, noses are added for the side view.
Some beards are now displayed along with the mouths.

This mod is save-friendly (adding & removing).
No gameplay mechanics are touched, only the visuals are changed.

Special thanks
Killface for Facial Stuff
Pardeike for Camera+

Download
Steam workshop

Harry_Dicks

Wow! Fantastic work. I am definitely looking forward to trying this out!  ;D

Could we please get a non Steam download link? Dropbox or whatever would be fine. A lot of people on this forum do not like Steam only mods though, so there usually isn't too much reason for them here.

Psychodozer

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 26, 2018, 09:20:22 AM
Wow! Fantastic work. I am definitely looking forward to trying this out!  ;D

Could we please get a non Steam download link? Dropbox or whatever would be fine. A lot of people on this forum do not like Steam only mods though, so there usually isn't too much reason for them here.
Thank you very much  ;D Of course, Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8amvuli46tfhtf/RimFace%20for%20Facial%20Stuff.rar?dl=0

Harry_Dicks

Thank you so much! Do you know how yours compares to Facial Stuff Expanded https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1271144253 or if it is compatible with that as well? Or maybe it depends on which one you have loaded last? Can you have both of them combine their things for Facial Stuff? Also, any idea of how it will look for vampires? Gargoyle vampires? What about werewolves? Androids? Eye glow still needs to be turned off I'm guessing.

I'm sure I can probably find most of these answers out there, but was curious if you knew the answer to any of my questions. Again, thanks for your hard work, it looks very promising!  ;D

Finally, do you plan to expand this submod further? Or will you just do more refining/updating? Or do you have more hairs/beards/eyes/bionics planned? I think it would be cool if you did something for Rim of Madness Vampires with their teeth. You also have I think 5 different "clans" of vampires to choose from. The "Gargoyle" look very different as well. Just some friendly ideas! ;)

Also, I understand if you do not know the answers to all of these things. I am just very curious about if you knew because there are many possibilities! :)

EDIT: Also, has anyone tried this with Androids yet? In the Androids mod options, there is a checkbox for compatability with Facial Stuff. Someone released a patch though for these 4 things and was curious if anyone knew if they were going to be required for what they do (I have heard the EPOE one is not)

Androids DESurgery Patch
Androids EPoE Patch
Androids Facial Stuff Patch
Androids RBSE Patch

Any help/experience with these is greatly appreciated! ;D

Psychodozer

Harry_Dicks
How many questions  ;D RimFace is incompatible with "dianne's defaul" there will be texture conflicts, although I have not tried it. We have too different styles  :)

Mods on gargoyle/vampires/werewolves/androids I do not use, but maybe in the future.

Updating in the plans, mb new eyes, mb rethinking bionic parts (for EPOE too), mb redraw hair/beards, and small fixes.

Harry_Dicks

I am having an issue with this extension. The error log days something about unable to retrieve the colored eyes. So all pawns won't have eyes unless they are the black ones. Was there an update for Facial Stuff that might have broken your mod?

I can post the error log when I get home, later.

EDIT: Have you updated the mod since you made the original posting? I think you might have, because I tried it out before when it was first made and it was working. I am thinking I maybe downloaded a new version, because browsing around in the one that is giving me errors (even if the only mods I have are Facial Stuff + yours) there is an entire Defs folder in the textures folder! I will continue to investigate to see what I can fix.

Harry_Dicks

Oh my gosh, so after being a freaking tool and wasting probably way longer than I would ever admit, I figured out that your extension is compatible with version 0.18.0 of Facial Stuff, but not 0.18.5. I knew that I had it working earlier, but I usually update/delete/modify a lot of mods every day so I can forget or get confused on what I've changed and what I haven't. I was also wondering why the newest options for Facial Stuff weren't on the right side of the mod menu. The options that let you change what layer of apparel is visible to the player depending on where the pawn is at, and that is absolutely fucking awesome.

Unfortunately, 0.18.0 does not have these newer options, and frankly that is one of the main reasons I use this mod over Don't Shave Your Head. Because the face animations are too far zoomed in for me to really see all the time. Yes, I would like to have your mod with it's beautiful faces, but at the moment I think I would rather have the updated Facial Stuff with it's new options.

Do you have any plans to update your extension to work with the new Facial Stuff? Or is there some other newer version mismatch that I have going on, and have been wasting my time? ::)

EDIT: Using the version that came out just before the current one (when Killface still had the hairstyles technically included in the mod) it seems to work with your mod. However, there is no color for the eyes. They have your new shapes, but just black pupils. BUT! All of the newest options for pawn apparel work with with this version. So if I could just figure out how to get the color working on the eyes... or you could maybe figure out a fix to work with the newest version of Facial Stuff? Thanks! ;D

Psychodozer

Where did you get Facial Stuff version 0.18.5, lol? With 0.18 version FS in steam, all works well.

Perhaps, in 0.18.5 changed names for eyes textures, therefore, they are not displayed in the game. And maybe files Defs has ceased to be relevant. Directory of colored eyes - \RimFace for Facial Stuff\Defs\EyeDefs. Compare the files with the new version. 

I don't know, i will or will not update RimFace, total rating in steam 3/5 (20% negative). Perhaps Steam community do not need this mod  ;D

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Psychodozer on January 30, 2018, 05:52:03 AM
Where did you get Facial Stuff version 0.18.5, lol? With 0.18 version FS in steam, all works well.

https://github.com/Killface1980/RW_FacialStuff

Quote from: Psychodozer on January 30, 2018, 05:52:03 AM
I don't know, i will or will not update RimFace, total rating in steam 3/5 (20% negative). Perhaps Steam community do not need this mod  ;D

The Steam users are ungrateful. I for one am a fan of your mod. I'm sure for every person like me that posts, there are 100 more that won't say anything, but like your mod. Honestly, without your add on, I don't think I really need Facial Stuff, though. Your add on really makes it "come alive" with the great textures. I hope you will not get discouraged, and continue to bring us more great content in the future! ;D

Psychodozer

Thank you for the kind words)

Damn, these hands and feet in 0.18.5 look soooooo funny  ;D ;D ;D

I think this is a pre-release new version FS, accordingly, it is unfinished, there may be more corrections and stuff. But you can just replace the textures in FS. Add color eyes to defs files, and that's all.

Harry_Dicks

Ah, sweet. I hadn't gotten around to tinkering with it that much. Every day, my list of things to "tinker with" in RimWorld expands and contracts, relentlessly, like the ebb and flow of a tide. Most of the time, I will end up forgetting what I wanted to change, as I will end up having 4 or 5 separate windows of Notepad open with notes of what I want to fix for the day ::)

Spaps

Hello! I really like how this mod looks, however, I won't lie, I'm an absolute newbie if it comes to editing def files. I've tried replacing the textures, editing the def files but it doesn't work, probably because I don't know how to do it! If you had a little bit of time and maybe uploaded the 'fixed' version of the mod, the one that works with the new version of Facial Stuff, that would be absolutely fantastic! Thank you.

sidfu

facial stuff 18.5 uses a new format and way to add the stuff to pawns so any older mods for facial stuff wont work with 18.5 till they modified

Bvlt

Which mod adds this sexy apparel that the terminator dude from the screens has on?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Bvlt on February 17, 2018, 01:13:39 PM
Which mod adds this sexy apparel that the terminator dude from the screens has on?

I'm not sure if he made that one specifically, but Chicken Plucker makes all kinds of great outfits very similar to that. I would recommend checking out his RIMMU-nation mods, or just his collection in general. He's a very talented artist and if that's the style you're looking for, then I am positive he will have something that you'll like. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37014.0