[B18] RimFace for Facial Stuff

Started by Psychodozer, January 26, 2018, 08:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

mouth + beards thats whats up. No issue using it with other hair mods like spoons, rimsenal and nacblads rimhair?

Psychodozer

Quote from: Bvlt on February 17, 2018, 01:13:39 PM
Which mod adds this sexy apparel that the terminator dude from the screens has on?

Yep, a little redrawn the u.s. military kit

I'll try to update it later for FS 18.5, although I myself I'm an absolute newbie if it comes to editing def files; D
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 17, 2018, 04:54:10 PM
mouth + beards thats whats up. No issue using it with other hair mods like spoons, rimsenal and nacblads rimhair?
Modified version of mods spoons/nacblads rimhair is in the FS, do not use them together. Rimsenal and others, no problem.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Psychodozer on February 18, 2018, 10:18:53 AM
Modified version of mods spoons/nacblads rimhair is in the FS
Just so everyone knows, this is changing in the next version that gets released of Facial Stuff. Any hairstyles other than the ones that Killface has made will need to be downloaded and ran separately in their own, regular mods. This means that if you are using Facial Stuff now, and you have any pawns that have hair that isn't vanilla, made by Killface, or you don't have the mod for it, then you will need to get the respective mod running that the particular hairstyle comes from, once he releases the next version.

I have no clue when that will be, just wanted people to be aware of it that might only have Facial Stuff but none of the hair mods downloaded and running.

do not use them together.
What happens if you run them together in the current version? Do the beards get bugged or have duplicates?

Psychodozer

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 18, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
What happens if you run them together in the current version? Do the beards get bugged or have duplicates?
Hair and beards will be a single texture, not individual parts. And they will have less detail.

Quote from: Facial Stuff 0.18.0Already includes a modified versions of 'Spoonshortage's Rimworld Hairstyles 1.2' by spoonshortage and 'Nackblad Inc Rimhair 1.1' by nackblad.
You can have both or any of them activated, FS will patch the hair styles to the beardless ones.

Ruisuki

I was wondering about facial stuff yeah, since the author integrated the spoons and nacblads hair glad to know that means theres no need to keep them installed, will uninstall them right before running this. Awesome work on the mod bro

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 18, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
Modified version of mods spoons/nacblads rimhair is in the FS
Just so everyone knows, this is changing in the next version that gets released of Facial Stuff. Any hairstyles other than the ones that Killface has made will need to be downloaded and ran separately in their own, regular mods. This means that if you are using Facial Stuff now, and you have any pawns that have hair that isn't vanilla, made by Killface, or you don't have the mod for it, then you will need to get the respective mod running that the particular hairstyle comes from, once he releases the next version.

I have no clue when that will be, just wanted people to be aware of it that might only have Facial Stuff but none of the hair mods downloaded and running.

Aw thats disappointing. why is this? I know hes running a beta for alien framework support so maybe if you arent using that there might not be a reason to go for the latest version?

Harry_Dicks

You can't use RimFace with the latest version. Also, it is updated like every day or every other day, and stuff is constantly being changed and working/not working. It is unstable, and not a "release" for a reason :) Although some devs will not update their mods every day or two with unstable builds, Killface is the kind that does. But I don't mind, because I then get to bug him by also reporting bugs ::)

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 18, 2018, 03:37:29 PM
Aw thats disappointing. why is this? I know hes running a beta for alien framework support so maybe if you arent using that there might not be a reason to go for the latest version?
Also, if you want to use Alien Race Framework race mods and have them take advantage of Facial Stuff, he has a separate repository called I think Alien Faces. Load it as as patch after Facial Stuff. I'm not sure if it's required for the version .18 of FS.

Right now, I'm using the latest Facial Stuff (.18.5) but I have the facial features turned off, so it's still vanilla faces and vanilla eyes with no eyebrows, but I get the advantage of the show hair with hat/helmet/facial gear thing. And it even works with Roppoi and Xeva's hair, literally any new hair added by any mod it will work with.

Also the apparel visibility by pawn location (FREAKIN AMAZING!) :)

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 18, 2018, 05:48:13 PM
You can't use RimFace with the latest version. Also, it is updated like every day or every other day, and stuff is constantly being changed and working/not working. It is unstable, and not a "release" for a reason :) Although some devs will not update their mods every day or two with unstable builds, Killface is the kind that does. But I don't mind, because I then get to bug him by also reporting bugs ::)

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 18, 2018, 03:37:29 PM
Also, if you want to use Alien Race Framework race mods and have them take advantage of Facial Stuff, he has a separate repository called I think Alien Faces. Load it as as patch after Facial Stuff. I'm not sure if it's required for the version .18 of FS.

Right now, I'm using the latest Facial Stuff (.18.5) but I have the facial features turned off, so it's still vanilla faces and vanilla eyes with no eyebrows, but I get the advantage of the show hair with hat/helmet/facial gear thing. And it even works with Roppoi and Xeva's hair, literally any new hair added by any mod it will work with.

Also the apparel visibility by pawn location (FREAKIN AMAZING!) :)
By the latest version you are referring to the alien framework beta yes? I dont have any playable xenos in my game (can barely find a faction i find interesting enough to add) Im running the regular version so that should pair well with rimface after i get the camera mod installed too. Those two mods are pretty much replacing the individual downloads of spoon and nacblad thanks to killface bundling them for non beta version of facial stuff.

Sorry what do you mean by visibility by pawn location?

Harry_Dicks

I meant the latest (unstable) version of Facial Stuff, .18.5. It's on Killface's GitHub.

And what I mean by visibility by pawn location: with the new Facial Stuff, you can set what layer your pawns show YOU based on where they are. You can have it like this: if they are outside, display the shell layer, inside the middle layer, and in their bedroom, the skin layer. You can have them show whichever level of apparel you'd like depending on where the pawn is. So if you want to see your pawns in their jackets when they are outside, cool. But say you want to see their middle layer of apparel, like the fancy shirt or whatever when they are in the base, maybe eating dinner. Sure do that too. But then when they go to the bedroom with their partner to go to sleep or make some lovin', you can have them be naked or show the skin layer of apparel. You can also set it so that if a pawn is drafted, they will not change apparel level, you will always see the shell layer (like a coat or power armor).

Ruisuki

Wow thats a feature i didnt even know i wanted and now i desperately want. Might be worth upgrading to be unstable release just for that alone.

Harry_Dicks

Ruisuki

OP do you have a dropbox download link?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 19, 2018, 03:41:50 AM
OP do you have a dropbox download link?

Check the first reply to this thread on page one, by yours truly ;)

Ruisuki

Thanks homie ;)

And thank you for the work OP :D

Ruisuki

looks like facial stuff had a big update today. I think it finally added compatibility with children and pregnancy! I'll wait until rimface is updated for it though cant go back without it

zuaresoft

Hi, thanks for this awesome mod, can you add links NoSteam to your post? pls..  ;D