[MOD] (Alpha 4E) Dwarf Colonists (v0.2)

Started by mispy, June 06, 2014, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mispy

Dwarf Colonists

Overview

Replaces colonist graphics with good old-fashioned code page 437 dwarves from Dwarf Fortress. Creatures from other factions are unchanged, but will become dwarves if you recruit them. Drafted dwarves change their appearance accordingly.

You'll also now start with three ☼steel crossbows☼ instead of the default weapons. They're similar in effectiveness to Lee-Enfields.

This is a silly mod for learning purposes, not planning on a DF total conversion or anything :)

Downloads

Justin C

This is awesome!

You should probably only be setting the graphics once at the beginning though, instead of every frame. Or if you want to use two separate graphics, only change it when you switch in and out of drafted mode.

mispy

Quote from: Justin C on June 06, 2014, 05:37:47 PMYou should probably only be setting the graphics once at the beginning though, instead of every frame.

Ah, it was your mod I dissected to figure this out :D Indeed, it's a bit hacky. Ideally the XML defs would be flexible enough to allow this kind of thing by themselves, but I couldn't get standardBodyGraphicPath to work at all with the colonist pawns. Nor could I find a way to uh, remove their heads.

I haven't benchmarked it but it should still be very fast, since it never instantiates anything in the Tick, just assigns the address of one of the two existing static Graphic_Apparel objects.

Johnson

What I'd really like is if there were a mod that introduced the Dwarf Fortress music.

Just remembering that music gives me chills.

skullywag

Woops, no idea how this ended up here. apologies, random post is random.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

BetaSpectre

HAHA-HAHA-HA-HAHA-HA
Wut! This mod it is so ha, I'd get it if I could have colonized Cotton Candy Land.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO