Have several power conduits

Started by Gouttfi, November 01, 2016, 02:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gouttfi

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my bad english,

In my game, I would like to know if it exists a way for have more independants power conduits.
for exemple, I want have a power conduit that supply in electricity my air conditionner, and another power conduit for supply all my solar light, and these two power conduits are independant, it doesn't communicate with each other. They can interbreed, and if I switch off one of this conduits, the other stay on.
The power switch can connect twice different power lines.

With this idea, we can do complex electrical network, and to have a colony at the cutting edge of technology.

Here is a picture to better understant my miserable English  :P
http://www.noelshack.com/2016-44-1478023055-modidea.png

Is it possible that create this mod ? or it already exists ?

14m1337

as far as I know, there is no such mod yet.
this could be just because (at least I can imagine that) it is only possible with very much effort, and C# coding.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Gouttfi

And It's not possible today to modding the game with C# ?
All existing mods is only xml modifications ?

Thanks for the answer ;)

sulusdacor

you can add code to the game (c sharp is it i think). existing mods are xml and code or both or just one of them. depends on the mod. (the assemblies folders contains the code for the mods in form of a .dll - if it uses some).

there was the same question some time ago, but yeah there no mod doing this at the moment.

if you want to try to add this to the game the Redist Heat mod adds an grid overlay. its for the vent and duct system, but you might use that to get an idea how its done. you will need some programming expirience for that.

Gouttfi

Okay thank's, I'll search the source code of the game and mod, I'm not an expert for moding the game, but I manage and did some tests to understand how the game is programmed :)

If you have news, say it to me ;)

RawCode

due to implementation of powernet itself it won't work as expected

jmababa

I make mine like that if not mountain base  just don't connect it with the other power conduit. They use same power plant but different conduit

Gouttfi

Hi,

For those who are interested, I just found a mod that do exactly what I want, He is very recent :
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1277677885