Alien life form

Started by ssdg, January 30, 2018, 07:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssdg

Giving we are at a space age, maybe there are other intelligent life form instead of just humans.

There would be a handful of different alien life form. Each would have innate difference in movement speed, hauling, working speed, trait, skill and social interaction. Each alien form have its own need and standard for food/temperature/appeal/mood, etc.

This is just one example.
Base movement speed 80%.
Base work speed 120%.
Special trait: Physiologically dull, when insulted, NAME think others are being honest, opinion +15. Can not have deep talk, chit chat boost opinion by 0.1.
Need: food: raw food has positive effect; beauty: interpret beauty opposite of human.
Comfortable temperature: -25 ~ 5.
Always have +5 to grow and art disabled.

This pawn would then roll childhood,  background, traits and skills.

What do you guys think?

AileTheAlien

This might be a good mod, but I believe it's completely against the canon lore. i.e. Humans ventured into neighboring star systems and found no significant alien life, so any creatures you see are the bio-engineered remains of past human civilizations.

ssdg

Bio-engineered as background would work too. Something like rocket raccoon from GoTG. Half man half animal that was genetically engineered by past or other human civilization.

Call me Arty

There are plenty of race mods out there, if you wanna check them out. Otherwise, Tynan has established that there are no "aliens" in the Rimworld universe, though there are "xeno-humans" which are basically mutants from a human template.
First, you'd need the base mod.

Then you have a selection of aliens to choose from. Personal favorites include: Androids, Cactaceae, Crystalloids, and Vampires (if you can catch them, which I do, because they're awesome).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!