Strange campfire behavior

Started by Kori, January 31, 2018, 05:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Hello,

I'm having a problem when building a regular campfire. As soon as it is built, my pawns one by one freeze on the spot and the log is spamming the following error like crazy for each of them:

Exception ticking Sam: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.AI.Job.ToString () <0x00012>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.StartJob_Patch2 (object,Verse.AI.Job,Verse.AI.JobCondition,Verse.AI.ThinkNode,bool,bool,Verse.ThinkTreeDef,System.Nullable`1<Verse.AI.JobTag>,bool) <0x00092>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.TryFindAndStartJob () <0x0018e>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () <0x002c5>
at Verse.Pawn.Tick () <0x00155>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c6>

It is directly related to the "Gather Spot" option, because as soon as I deactivate it, the error spam stops and my pawns unfreeze and follow their daily routine again.

I'm a bit lost now because I have no clue where I should start looking in case that is something mod related. Or is it a known vanilla bug? If not, what kind of mod could be causing this?
Sidenote: You will only notice that problem when there is no other (better) joy object available for your pawns, otherwise they won't try to go to the campfire.
Sidenote 2: It seems to happen with all kinds of objects that have the "Gather Spot" option, not only the campfire.

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated! :)

Calahan

Can't recall any reports of bugged camp fires/gather spots in vanilla, so this is highly likely to be a mod issue. So moving this to mod bugs.

Kori

I did a few tests and it is not a vanilla problem but caused by the Fireplace mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25580.msg259996#msg259996

I didn't suspect it because it only adds a few new objects, but apparently it also creates new jobs.  ???