escape pod/refugee question?

Started by Kiter5, January 31, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiter5

Do you always allow them/save them?
I do. It's silly, but I think my people would feel bad just letting a refugee or escape pod survivor die.

but, some times they just make things worse, using up medicine and foods I barely have enough of.

does anyone say no to them sometimes?
letting them bleed out and die all alone- or be slaughtered by those chasing them. (OH THE PRESSURE!)

Dashthechinchilla

I always save, not imprison. If I hope that they don't join me, I switch them to treat, no meds and steal their clothes.

For chased, I usually judge based on the life story and age. Once I accept, I only very rarely draft them, make them drop their gear, and get kidnapped.

By the way, why don't the chased refugees run across your map. That seems like the more tactical plan, lol.

Kiter5

will escape pod survivors join my colony if I don't capture (and recruit) them? If I just save/treat, not capture, they get  healed and leave (the 2 times I did it that way).

sometimes (often) I could really use an extra person to mop and make statues while the rest of us are hunting emus and whatnot.

and I always wonder what is up with the refugees that are running away.. maybe they are escaped convicts guilty of horrendous crimes and maybe should be imprisoned in that neighboring faction they ae escaping and not in my colony. ...

SzQ

There is big Chance that they will join you, so first you rescue them and then capture if they don't join. If you can't recruit them you can install peglegs and then remove them. You will get bag of justincase organs that don't have to be feed every day. (just forbid the doors)

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Kiter5

Thanks

Quote from: SzQ on January 31, 2018, 02:11:14 PM
There is big Chance that they will join you, so first you rescue them and then capture if they don't join. If you can't recruit them you can install peglegs and then remove them. You will get bag of justincase organs that don't have to be feed every day. (just forbid the doors)

Dashthechinchilla

In my experience, the worse the escape pod pawn the more likely that they join. It is probably not true, but it feels like every incapable of violence, very neurotic, chemical interest pawn that falls from the sky wants to hang out.

I just got a botonist who can only grow (but not cut plants) and medical. Oh, and he is a wimp. Just spent all winter in bed because of mechinites.

Kiter5

didn't I just comment about my concerns regarding the refugees being chased... maybe they really are escaped criminals??? devoid of moral fiber.

I just had a refugee being chased who joined us..... he is an escaped serial killer.