The Saga of Peg Leg Pete

Started by Kiter5, February 03, 2018, 08:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiter5

My colony was raided by raiders.
We fought back. We won.
We captured 3 people.

Woodpecker is a slowpoke, but an optimist, hardworker, and really good at quite a few things.
Trip is a fast walker and will do all of the things on the list.
I click chat & recruit.

Then there was Pete.

Pete refuses to do amost everything. He only shoots & mele -  and will do craft- at a 0 level.
Plus Pete is a Pessimist.

Pessimist Pete. I don't want him.

So I do what I do with unwanted prisoners.
Give him a pegleg for his right leg.
He heals nicely.

I give him a pegleg for his left leg.
Again he heals up and just as I am about to give him dentures and harvest a kidney, I see I have a NEW RECRUIT.
Yep. Peg Leg Pete.  I mistakenely click "chat & recruit" for him as well.

He collapses almost every other day. Food Poisoning every other day! and he collapses and gets taken to the hospital.

I recheck his stats. It says he has a "Frail Torso"
I am guessing that's why he collapses of food poisoning so very often. (Im still new and don't know what frail torse means)

Then I read about him.
Before he came to me and I did all my evil medical procdures, Pete was a volunteer medical test subject. as a child he was abandoned on the streets and taken in by a gang that used is as a drug mule.

Not only that I read his attributes again and there was one good quality on his list. Pete was a fast walker.

WAS. Guess he's not a fast walker now. I evil laughed out loud.

I decide to get rid of PegLeg Pete. He just eats my food, uses all my medicine and wont work.
I will send him on a journey.

First, I harvest his Kidney.

I formed a caravan. I gave him 3 dys worth of food, a few extra clothing articles he could sell, and a tamed cat. The cat's name is Anti-Love. It seemed  like a fitting name for PegLeg Pete the Pesimist.

He starts to gather items to form his caravan. He steps outside the building with his cat, clothes, and steel shiv....
and is attacked by a Warg.

Great. Now I have to nurse him back to health so I send him away to die.

I get him healed and he steps out of the hospital and is attacked by a Red Fox.

He once again gets healed healed and I am about to reform his caravan when he has a mental Break and goes berserk.
The Last Straw: "My organs were harvested"

I am now waiting for him to get over it so I can finally send him on his final trip, with Anti-Love & a steel shiv. Maybe I will send his Kidney with him and he can sell it to buy food for another day at the next town.

Cloud Breaker

Ha this is a great tale.  I would like to know the rest please update!

Kiter5

As the days grew warmer Pegleg Pete's mind healed and Anti-Love, his cat, healed from the fox attack.

Being the benevolent dictator that I am, I had my people prepare Lavish Meals for Pegleg Pete's journey while he convalesced.

While forming his Caravan of No Return, I had Pegleg Pete equip himself with a jade shiv.
I sent him with a few Lavish meals and survival meals for 4 days. A little raw meat for AntiLove.
A small statue I found in the stonecutting room that depicted the Disassembling of Pete was also sent, as well as some extra clothes and 100 silver, so he could travel from town to town and maybe buy a little food to prolong his demise.

Pegleg Pete and Anti Love arrive in the neighboring colony & I clicked to have him make some trades, to buy him a little more time...

...and remember he refuses to do social.

guess he'll starve while in possession of $400 in goods he could trade for food.

But I am sad to lose my cat. maybe He can make the journey back to drop off the cat before he gets sent out again.

Kiter5

Pete had died from malnutrition.

shayame

I love how Pete refused to do social and so died from hunger despite having visited a town with goods to trade. LOLz!

ewelupp

I am physically not okay after trading this, tears, no air and red faced as I like here on this couch thinking about how peg leg Pete who survived two animal attacks, a kidney harvested and two legs replaced only to die of malnutrion because he was stubborn 😂😂😂
LOUD OBNOXIOUS NOISE