Memorial: Honoring fallen colonists WITHOUT their body

Started by Grubfist, February 05, 2018, 12:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grubfist

As the title says, we need a grave/tomb-like object called a memorial, for when we can't retrieve the body of a dead pawn/pet (*cough*, caravans). Have the game keep a record of past colonists and allow us to "assign" one, and then it gets art about them much like a sarcophagus, and people can visit it like they would visit a grave.

OFWG

Searched for 'memorial': https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35375.msg362564#msg362564

But seriously, +1 to the idea. I found myself needing this in my last playthrough for a high value pawn who didn't make it back from a caravan.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Call me Arty

Good idea. I'd also love some other things, like an urn for cremated colonists that's more compact and maybe even beautiful than a sarcophagus. Also, being able to choose to make art (maybe a plaque) about a specific colonist would be welcome.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Names are for the Weak

Well, all a sarcophagus does is store the body of a dead pawn and add an artwork detailing some event in their life. If you lost the body of a colonist but still wanted to remember them, you could simply make artworks until you get one that shows an event from that colonist's life.

Third_Of_Five

+1 I like this idea. It reminds me about statues, how sometimes when my colonists make them they can depict the deaths of deceased colonists. Perhaps such a statue could also be used as a memorial, if it is assigned as one?

Call me Arty

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on February 05, 2018, 08:46:38 PM
Well, all a sarcophagus does is store the body of a dead pawn and add an artwork detailing some event in their life. If you lost the body of a colonist but still wanted to remember them, you could simply make artworks until you get one that shows an event from that colonist's life.

So we just keep building and destroying sarcophagi/statues until we get one that isn't about getting drunk/vomiting/hunting/surgery/etc, and is devoted to the correct colonist? Why not just "assign", since it's already in the game.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Ser Kitteh

It'd be nice if we can write the gravestones of our fallen comrades too.

gipothegip

Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?