whyyy

Started by Jibbles, February 06, 2018, 05:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jibbles

I'll come across this problem quite often.  I usually have to re-arrange and it's trial and error a lot of the times in my bases.  Pawns who grab a meal from this fridge eats at that picnic table outside the kitchen/freezer every time. I rather they eat at the dining room with plasteel autodoors for the mood buff.  Look at Val.

https://i.imgur.com/nNwDBBv.jpg

EDIT:

https://i.imgur.com/ZJF6sxp.jpg

Kori

I can't help you with your problem, but I like the way you've decorated your base. :)

EDIT: Which mod displays the pawn's weapon in their avatar and these small bed and beer icons?

EDIT: I got an idea! Maybe this happens because the fridge and the picnic table are both outside, so they count as being in the same room (is there a big wall around your base, so even the outside is technically a room?). And they first check the room they are currently in for dining tables, before going to another. Build a small wall + door around the fridge and see if it still happens.

Jibbles

ha no worries, it's just a small detail that I've been curious about.  thanks!  :)
The mod is colonist bar kf.  Probably my favorite mod of all. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729908976&searchtext=colonist+bar

O Negative

Maybe the fact that they have to open the door (waiting time) is playing a part in the calculation?

Kori

Canute

And why you didn't move the fridge to the outdoor tables, since you know your customer like to sit outdoors rather then indoors.

And please clean your keyboard it jam's on the "y" key. :-)

Jibbles

Quote from: Kori on February 06, 2018, 05:16:35 AM

EDIT: I got an idea! Maybe this happens because the fridge and the picnic table are both outside, so they count as being in the same room (is there a big wall around your base, so even the outside is technically a room?). And they first check the room they are currently in for dining tables, before going to another. Build a small wall + door around the fridge and see if it still happens.

Good guess! There's not a big wall around my base though.

Quote from: O Negative on February 06, 2018, 05:50:22 AM
Maybe the fact that they have to open the door (waiting time) is playing a part in the calculation?

Heading to the dining room is easily the fastest way.  Those doors open rather fast. The fact they need to go indoors may have something to do with it. I don't know.

Quote from: Canute on February 06, 2018, 05:57:57 AM
And why you didn't move the fridge to the outdoor tables, since you know your customer like to sit outdoors rather then indoors.

And please clean your keyboard it jam's on the "y" key. :-)

They got several table outside throughout the base. They have plenty chances to eat at those hehe.  Rarely they eat here. Instead they grab the meal from the quad for later I believe. I wanted it to be dramatic since I've reinstalled fridges and tables so many times ha

SzQ

I wish i could raid and burn that colony. It's too nice. Colonists are too happy as well for sure.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Ser Kitteh

Toast

I think it's obviously because your base is so pretty that they want to enjoy the beautiful nature all around them outside rather than go inside.  :D

dershamc903

My layouts are generally more utilitarian than aesthetic. I only ever have fridges where I want pawns to eat and I never put tables outside, that's just crazy. I often set up small dining rooms around the base in different corners around living quarters so that when they wake up they'll head there first if they attempt to satisfy hunger. Maybe uninstall the fridge that's outside.

Jibbles

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on February 06, 2018, 11:47:46 AM
Hey OP how do your grass so green?

I made a mod awhile back where my pawns lay down grass. It's just another type of floor.  There is that "greenworld?" mod which replaces the soil texture with grass so your pawns don't have to do anything.  I've recently ripped a texture from there and edited it which is what you see in the pic.

Quote from: SzQ on February 06, 2018, 07:55:45 AM
I wish i could raid and burn that colony. It's too nice. Colonists are too happy as well for sure.

How dare you!

https://i.imgur.com/SfJCkgj.jpg

Quote from: dershamc903 on February 06, 2018, 03:04:14 PM
I only ever have fridges where I want pawns to eat and I never put tables outside, that's just crazy.

I'll place them all over the map! ha It's best to slap them into a room mhmm. I already know a spot I can place the fridge to avoid them going there.  I've just been wondering why they choose that one out of curiosity, and to help plan bases in the future.  I build a lot around aesthetics. I place trees and stuff in their way so they'll take the paths I planned for them even if it takes longer. It's neat to see them stay on it with the follow me tool.  Whoever strays off the paved tile gets put down  ;D

Harry_Dicks

How bout that grass texture mod you made for yourself?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;D

Jibbles

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 09, 2018, 05:34:10 AM
How bout that grass texture mod you made for yourself?

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;D

I wanna SEE! ha Maybe I'll share when I make up my own textures that I'm satisfied with.  The mod always involved textures edited from other sources so I'm not comfortable sharing.

I did some testing yesterday. It's inconsistent if a pawn decides to eat inside as those tables/stools outside were empty.  There was a setup where some pawns would eat in there most of the time but I forgot what I did. It just sort of happened. Anyways, I thought this one was worth posting as I kept the door open at all times yet they still chose the tables outside. If I deconstruct a wall to the dining room then they'll eat there, so it's mainly cause the table is inside a room.

https://i.imgur.com/ZJF6sxp.jpg

SzQ

How can you play without Stack XXL. I was always hating that i cant place one stupid shirt on another. Giant space get wasted on this nonsense.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream