Where do I find the entries for meat?

Started by Kori, February 06, 2018, 06:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Hey fellow Rimworlders,

I never slaughter any of my animals because I'd feel really bad about it.
But since not all of my pawns are cool with the vegan lifestyle, they are always happy when they find something already dead lying around in the sun, or when we can acquire some meat from other colonies with caravans.

That's always a race against time (and time often wins!  :( ), so I wanted to tweak the <daysToRotStart> for meat a tiny bit, maybe 2.5 instead of 2. However I just can't find the XML entry. I looked everywhere already, searched the whole Core folder for all possible keywords without any luck!

As far as I know there is only one universal meat type (except for insects and humans) that gets its name and texture assigned depending on the source when the creature is butchered.
Does anyone know where to find it?

And something else related to this: Is there a mod that changes the life period of meat that NPC caravans are selling? It's odd that it is always at 100%. A bit less would be nice for immersion. Or do their pack animals have some kind of refrigeration upgrade, and if so where do I get these?

kingy10005

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Items
food on there i think if you change the value can change the rot timer :)

Kori

Quote from: kingy10005 on February 07, 2018, 10:49:46 AM
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Items
food on there i think if you change the value can change the rot timer :)

This was the first file I have checked, but there is nothing related to meat in there.  :-\

kingy10005

just went in game its controlled by this
  <ThingDef Name="MealBase" Abstract="True">
    <thingClass>ThingWithComps</thingClass>  < thats what marks it to brake down im guessing :)
    <category>Item</category>
    <useHitPoints>true</useHitPoints>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>50</MaxHitPoints>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
         <Beauty>-4</Beauty>
         <Mass>0.44</Mass>
         <DeteriorationRate>10</DeteriorationRate>  < that part mite effect other things though
      </statBases>

kingy10005

just to 100 % under stand is this because your not using a freezer or do you mean the dead animal outside rotting ?

kingy10005

if you build an in closed space with coolers your food will last far longer or forever if you low the temp below 0  ::)

[attachment deleted due to age]

kingy10005

if you look at the meat its frozen so will not go bad

[attachment deleted due to age]

kingy10005

i think the word for dead animal from rotting is corpse
still searching for the code part lots of stuff :P

kingy10005

think it might be hard coded in the engine or something can't find it anywhere ..... sorry i did my best lol :)

Kori

Thank you, but I am looking for <daysToRotStart>

<DeteriorationRate> defines how fast something deteriorates (HP going down) when not under a roof, it is separated from the rotting process. Changing the MealBase would affect a lot of other things.

I usually play on tribal, so the convenience of refrigeration isn't always available. ;)

edit: I also get the feeling that it might be hardcoded.  :-\ But thanks for looking!

kingy10005

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Source\Verse\Thing

mite change it from this just found it

from what im reading its to do with age and game time past so mite be in the engine things we cant edit so mite not be able i guess

Mehni

Quote from: Kori on February 06, 2018, 06:40:45 AM
I wanted to tweak the <daysToRotStart> for meat a tiny bit, maybe 2.5 instead of 2. However I just can't find the XML entry. I looked everywhere already, searched the whole Core folder for all possible keywords without any luck!

As far as I know there is only one universal meat type (except for insects and humans) that gets its name and texture assigned depending on the source when the creature is butchered.
Does anyone know where to find it?

It's not in the XML. ThingDefGenerator_Meat is what you're looking for. Meat is created dynamically in C#, since apart from minor variations they're all the same. There's no base or Abstract to patch either, so unless you know or learn C#, you're outta luck.

kingy10005

well that's out of my depth lets hope a pro comes along and can do magic lol thanks for the info as to why we both failed at finding it was bugging me :)

Kori

Quote from: Mehni on February 07, 2018, 02:52:42 PM
...so unless you know or learn C#, you're outta luck.

In that case I am out of luck.

Thanks for explaining!

kingy10005

did you know tribal have coolers that can help keep meat fresher ? just a thought only found that out now .... :D