CTD [B18] Win 10

Started by Saint Lucifer, February 07, 2018, 08:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saint Lucifer

Not sure if is mod related but i keep getting "CTDs"  lately, so i was curious if someone could take a look and give me a help? The error log seems to suggest an out of memory issue maybe?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Yes you are right.
QuoteDynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocation 1164011!
Crash!!!

When you still can load the colony, you should try to use RuntimeGC more often, to remove unneeded stuff.

And for your next colony you should use less mods, smaller world and no bigger mag then standard.

Saint Lucifer

Quote from: Canute on February 08, 2018, 03:28:22 AM
When you still can load the colony, you should try to use RuntimeGC more often, to remove unneeded stuff.
- I usually run it around every 30 min, can try to spam it a bit more.

And for your next colony you should use less mods, smaller world and no bigger mag then standard.

-Pretty sure i`m already using 30% world and default map size, but this colony is almost 10 year old already, so is a bit hard to be sure. As for mods, i was thinking on removing "Zombieland" first, since that is the heaviest mod i got with it's constant mob spawning.

Saint Lucifer

Small update:

Removing "Zombieland" fixed it, which is kinda sad since that was the main theme of the colony but oh well.

Canute

Zombieland got some option too, maybe you can try it with half the zombie spawns.

Saint Lucifer

Quote from: Canute on February 09, 2018, 03:09:45 AM
Zombieland got some option too, maybe you can try it with half the zombie spawns.

Yeah i tried lowering to like 50 zombies max but it was still killing my potato machine, wish this game had multicore support but oh well.