Muffalo Ranch

Started by aerojet029, October 26, 2013, 11:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerojet029

using colonist to surround the Muffulo and heard into an enclosed area. they need to be fed and are not immune to becoming psyco. would be a massive burden on early game food supplies, but can be killed for food and you need at least 1 male and 1 female, and you can breed and make more! or maybe a more humane existence and make Muffulo ride able for a way to haul more supplies faster?

would work the same as a growing area, and must be placed on grass (would take up a lot of space)

Tynan

This is a great idea and I really want to do it.

Step 1 is stockpiles so you can store carcasses and meat properly.

Step 2 is cooking so you can cook raw foods.

Step 3 is hunting so you can send guys to kill muffalo.

Step 4 is ranching so you can build fenced areas an assign colonists to gather muffalo into them.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

salt1219

Step 5 gain their trust and live among them.

Step 6 rally your Muffalo brothers against the humans.

Finjinimo

Quote from: salt1219 on October 27, 2013, 03:00:33 AM
Step 5 gain their trust and live among them.

Step 6 rally your Muffalo brothers against the humans.

Yes... *steeples fingers* excellent...

aerojet029

*mounts laser turrents on muffalo* "PETA your going down!"

ElcomeSoft

Quote from: Tynan on October 27, 2013, 12:43:06 AM
This is a great idea and I really want to do it.

Step 1 is stockpiles so you can store carcasses and meat properly.

Step 2 is cooking so you can cook raw foods.

Step 3 is hunting so you can send guys to kill muffalo.

Step 4 is ranching so you can build fenced areas an assign colonists to gather muffalo into them.

But what do we do with Muffalo skins?

Squirrel meat? Squirrel skins?

omzh

clothing is an option, but it might be too Dwarf Fortress-y.

Kazzier

QuoteSquirrel meat? Squirrel skins?

Squirrel hunting for food! I know its not exactly going to be the optimal way to play but that kind of detail adds so much to a game.

ElcomeSoft

Quote from: spamtastic92 on October 27, 2013, 03:05:13 PM
clothing is an option, but it might be too Dwarf Fortress-y.

Perhaps 'stuffed animals' for a kill trophy room or  as a statue to grant some +happiness?

Maybe they could be part of the 'fear' concept, placed out to make raiders slightly more wary of attacking.

Finjinimo

I really like the idea that 'crazy bob' is running around using a squirrel for a hat.

Muffulo hides could be used for decoration like a rug, blankets for comfort, or incorporated into armor crafting -- rather than straight up use as clothing. I don't really care what my colonists wear unless its something interesting like a ridiculous hat or sweet looking cape.

peppie

It seems like the existence of muffs alone begs them to be domesticated, so yes please!

Possibly Muffalo milk/meat has a positive effect on the colonists, but they have to be supplied with food and are targets for raiders?

yabbadabbado

ya I NEED butchers tables son!!!!!