Rimworld Ending Suggestion

Started by doomdrvk, February 08, 2018, 09:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doomdrvk

So while I was in class I thought of a way Rimworld could end, I see people have been wanting an ending where you colony stays on the planet to expand and grow and I think this suggestion could fulfill that want (though I'm sure I'm not the only one who suggested different ends to Rimworld).

So I was thinking what if there could be an ending where you destroy all the raiders bases, the raiders of the faction continue coming and one year later during a raid from their faction, you are revealed (like the ai ship) their original main colony, where you must defeat this threat otherwise raids will never stop coming and (if this is possible) new bases start showing up. Then after all the factions have been defeated, you are to face the real threat of the mechanoid hive mind and once this threat is eventually defeated, you are greeted with an ending story of the Rimworld becoming a governed civlization with your original colony at its foundation and you learn that eventually lightspeed travel was developed on that same Rimworld you colonized and survived on.

This is just a suggestion on how Rimworld could end, I'm not sure if Tynan has said anything about an ending besides getting off the Rimworld in a ship. I'm completely open to suggestions and criticisms. Maybe it sounds too happy for Rimworld or maybe its too linear for mods and modded factions. But I think an ending which I have described could be a good end to the emotional roller coaster Rimworld is.

OFWG

Sure, seems like that could work pretty well and be very fun for the more warlike among us.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Third_Of_Five

I like this other than that last bit about inventing FTL, I think FTL travel might go against the lore of the game.

But I do like the general idea. Would be a good way to get revenge on raiders for murdering my colonists.

MeowRailroad

It might also be nice to have some kind of orbital or atmospheric ship we could use for transport and this stage of the game.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"